Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Mercedes CLA Standard Headlamp vs Bi-Xenon Headlamps

26K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  sleepyhead 
#1 ·

Why is Mercedes nickel and dimming with the projectors. I can recall and other manufacturers now that don't offer projectors as a standard. I can see this be normal years back but this is 2013. The standard headlights look really ugly, not sure how much the upgrade but this is a must.

See less See more
#12 ·
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Obviously MB feels differently.

#13 ·
I have ordered for the Bi-Xenon head lights with LED tail lights. I have recently seen a video on YouTube () showing the Bi-Xenon's blinking when the car was parked. Can any one please confirm that its a standard in Bi-Xenon because when I asked the sales person at manhattan-mercedes she seems to be amazed and asked me.."are you sure that was a CLA and not a S-Class ?" However the guy posting the video review did confirmed it. But still would like to ask the experts.

#14 ·
I have ordered for the Bi-Xenon head lights with LED tail lights. I have recently seen a video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFMo8Aoaxec) showing the Bi-Xenon's blinking when the car was parked. Can any one please confirm that its a standard in Bi-Xenon because when I asked the sales person at manhattan-mercedes she seems to be amazed and asked me.."are you sure that was a CLA and not a S-Class ?" However the guy posting the video review did confirmed it. But still would like to ask the experts.
It doesn't really blink to the naked eye. You only see it blinking on videos. I can go though a boring technical explanation as to why you see the lights blinking in videos but not in person but I won't unless you want me to.

#15 ·
I have the Std, I just upgraded the Running lights to LED's and What really got me liking it better is the tail light lighting looks so much cleaner.. Plus $900 savings. I figure give it two year and see what the front light look then? If I want to upgrade them or just replace bulbs with HID's?

Thanks

Why is Mercedes nickel and dimming with the projectors. I can recall and other manufacturers now that don't offer projectors as a standard. I can see this be normal years back but this is 2013. The standard headlights look really ugly, not sure how much the upgrade but this is a must.

#16 ·
I don't think I've ever seen the standard lights, but the LEDs are quite good. Very bright, clean (as in not yellowed like many incandescent lights), and, based on seeing other CLAs going the other way, not blinding to the oncoming driver. I would consider getting them especially for the last point. Because lights don't just affect your visibility. If you blind the oncoming driver he's liable to swerve into you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.