Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CLA interior door gap

32K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  Rhiller 
#1 ·
I am trying to determine if this door panel gap affects all CLAs or only certain cars.

Does your CLA show this gap?

See less See more
#2 ·
The first image below is of a CLA. Notice the bare metal and paint nearby the door jamb. This is the "gap" that is seen when you close the door.

Now this photo is of an E-Class. Notice the difference?

I am disappointed by this small detail in the CLA. We buy a Mercedes-Benz for attention to details like this. :(

#13 ·
thats what I'm thinking too. And if it is the cause of the road noise it makes me think that this isn't limited to a few CLA's but the whole batch. We've been seeing the reviews from europe for about 2-3 months now and all of them have said the CLA leaks road noise, I would think Mercedes would provide the journos the best possible examples of the CLA... But then again, why wouldn't the auto journos pick that out and call attention to it?

BTW where are North American CLA's being built? I know MB has several factories globally producing regionally.

#15 ·
CLA gaps

Check also in many CLAs the gap that exists in the boot !!!

Far more disapponting than this one you mention !!!

In Europe, there is also a big amount of complaints for such details, and are also well known to the company, which until now, have not respond in any of them....

#16 ·
Funny that in all the Mercedes Promotional shots of the CLA the door gap is conspicuously not there....

Anybody seen any CLA's without the door gap? What about the AMG, does it suffer from the gap as well?

@pseisog whats this trunk gap you mention, do you have any pics?

#19 ·
thats why I'm wondering if theres anyone whos seen a CLA without the gap. Something that glaring doesn't seem intentional, at least i wouldn't expect it intentionally from Mercedes, but I also never thought they would sell a car as cheap as the CLA and they proved me wrong there...

#23 ·
Wow! That's insane. I never noticed the gaps when I was checking it out. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm not saying they're not there. I just never looked for it.

#24 ·
I bet a lot of people missed it, it's not a typical problem area. Usually something so simple wouldn't be on someones list of things to look out for.

It just goes to show MB could have messed up even the simplest of things on our cars, better check everything, and make sure you leave as a happy new CLA owner and remain like that

#27 ·
Door gap and more

The door gaps do not look like flaws to me. As a previous poster pointed out, they can be found on $100K+ cars. On my car it looks like it was designed that way on purpose. Its not a quality issue. It may be aesthetically unpleasing to some. It doesn't bother me.

I can't find any "trunk gap" on my car. Not sure where its supposed to be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.