Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Modding your CLA?

41K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  brianch 
#1 ·
Anyone already planning any modifications for once they get their CLA? And I'm not talking about windows tints, or new rims, but things like tuning the suspension. Increasing power to the engine or installing a new body kit.

#2 ·
The only "Mod" I'll make if possible is installing a receiver hitch so I can haul my bikes around.

Reactions: BenzFan
#3 ·
Same here, I was considering roof racks but I bet eventually the roof will get damaged either from the roof rack or from what ever gets thrown in it. At carrying what ever you need using a hitch receiver and carrier does the job

Have you looked around for receiver hitches?

#24 ·
I've seen many modified AMGs before.

From expensive aftermarket rims to upgraded tires.

Tints. suspension. exhaust.

If you have a performance model AMG I don't see why it would be out of this world to want to do some performance modifications.

And I've seen many regular C class that have subtle modifications like tints and blacked out chrome pieces and the like.

With the CLA being an entry level model you can sure bet you will see people messing with the car.

#27 ·
you have to admit that the starting price of the CLA is inviting and since it's in that $30k range the younger crowd would be able to afford it. And when it comes to the younger owners they usually would like to be creative and different to express themselves in their cars.

#30 ·
I'll be remapping the 220 CDI to get 200+hp instead of the 170.

I don't like boosters or tuningboxes between the system. Yes it's easy to remove when you go for service and yes it might nog void your warranty. But also yes it has more chance of damaging your system/engine and yes your fuel consumption will be increased.

#32 ·
The ECU has a tight security but companies have taken control over it.

Tuning boxes differ, they manipulate the fields rather than setting them. And with a chip one can access more fields which can't be manipulated through a box.

Lastly it's also a matter of choice, I'm more of the people who exactly want to now how the curve my car has rather than having a box send and assume it's running fine.

At a tuner you get a graph before and after. And if the settings aren't fine after a few months you can always let it retune to your needs :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.