Modding your CLA? - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Modding your CLA?

Anyone already planning any modifications for once they get their CLA? And I'm not talking about windows tints, or new rims, but things like tuning the suspension. Increasing power to the engine or installing a new body kit.
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey guys new to Mercedes but not new to modding cars nwiese92 New Member Introductions 6 06-26-2013 06:18 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 05-22-2013, 11:52 AM

The only "Mod" I'll make if possible is installing a receiver hitch so I can haul my bikes around.
BenzFan likes this.
post #3 of 38 Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
The only "Mod" I'll make if possible is installing a receiver hitch so I can haul my bikes around.
Same here, I was considering roof racks but I bet eventually the roof will get damaged either from the roof rack or from what ever gets thrown in it. At carrying what ever you need using a hitch receiver and carrier does the job

Have you looked around for receiver hitches?

post #4 of 38 Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFan View Post
Same here, I was considering roof racks but I bet eventually the roof will get damaged either from the roof rack or from what ever gets thrown in it. At carrying what ever you need using a hitch receiver and carrier does the job

Have you looked around for receiver hitches?
I don't the the hitch manufacturers are making them for the CLA yet, at leat not until the car actually comes out. I've used both systems (roof top and hitch) and I prefer hitch much more for bikes. I would still want a roof rack for a roof top box but for bikes I prefer it to be in the back of the car.
post #5 of 38 Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
You can try Thule or Yakima. Bicyclist usually buy their bike hitch carriers.
post #6 of 38 Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC View Post
You can try Thule or Yakima. Bicyclist usually buy their bike hitch carriers.
Thule and Yakima don't make receiver hitches. They make the bike racks that attach to the receiver hitch. Companies like Hidden Hitch, Draw-Tite, and Curt make the receiver hitches. Besides, my bike rack is much better than any Thule or Yakima. It is made by a little know company in Wisconsin called 1UP USA. Their racks are made of aluminum with stainless steel hardware so no rusting issues. Rack on and off the vehicle and bike on and off the rack in seconds. No part of the rack touches any part of the bike frame or wheel, only touches the tires. This is why I prefer to install a receiver hitch so I can use my bike rack.
post #7 of 38 Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Thule and Yakima don't make receiver hitches. They make the bike racks that attach to the receiver hitch. Companies like Hidden Hitch, Draw-Tite, and Curt make the receiver hitches. Besides, my bike rack is much better than any Thule or Yakima. It is made by a little know company in Wisconsin called 1UP USA. Their racks are made of aluminum with stainless steel hardware so no rusting issues. Rack on and off the vehicle and bike on and off the rack in seconds. No part of the rack touches any part of the bike frame or wheel, only touches the tires. This is why I prefer to install a receiver hitch so I can use my bike rack.
What bike rack do you have? I'm currently shopping.
post #8 of 38 Old 05-24-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleCoupe View Post
Anyone already planning any modifications for once they get their CLA? And I'm not talking about windows tints, or new rims, but things like tuning the suspension. Increasing power to the engine or installing a new body kit.
I got my eye on the Piecha body kit. Still not sure about rims yet though. And hopefully something comes up for sway bars. I would like something subtle but not too stiff to suffer from comfort.
post #9 of 38 Old 05-24-2013, 01:17 PM

I wouldn't mind a Yakima roof rack rails. I would get a storage box compartment for those ski trips too. Other than that I have the same idea in mind as BenzinoXL
post #10 of 38 Old 05-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Matic View Post
What bike rack do you have? I'm currently shopping.
It's called Quik Rack by 1up USA. Click here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page