Mercedes CLA Forum banner

How does the Mercedes Benz CLA compare to a C Class?

28K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  brianch 
#1 ·

Since they both start with the letter "C", I'm sure some might be rather confused. Where does the new CLA stand with the other classes offered by Mercedes? And really how does the CLA compare to the C class, What are the differences?

See less See more
#2 ·
Pricing and engine will match the C250 the best. There is a C180/200/220/250 CDI that could compete with the CLA CDI models.

You might be able to still find some new C180 CGI Blues if you look for 2012 models. It's a 1.8L which puts out 154hp and 184 torque

The C200 CGI Blue is still available in some parts of the world which has a 1.8L that puts out 181hp and 200 torque.

The C250 CGI Blue is likely the best competitor to the CLA250 which comes with a 1.8L tuned to 200hp and 230 torque.

#3 ·
Hello,

Sorry to wake up this thread but I wonder if I should buy a C180 coupé or a CLA 250 ?

I have only this choice where I live in Asia, so what would you do ?

I really like the C180 coupé but it is not so powerful.

The problem with the CLA is that it's not a real coupé, but I like that it's a new car.

Can I know your opinion ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.