Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Do you fit in the back of a Mercedes CLA?

88K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  NickCLA 
#1 ·
#5 ·
From that angle, the backseat room doesn't look too good. Six footers will have a problem but I don't see it as big a problem for most people. Being of asian descent, this shouldn't be too bad :p.

Anyways I don't see myself using the rear seats too much. The camera shot may be a bit deceptive when it comes to the headroom, so I wouldn't completely dismiss it until you test it out personally.

#10 ·
Headroom does seem to be a probem. It sort of makes sense when you look at the CLA from the side.

It really slopes down alot back there.
On the plus side, since it slopes down in the back and makes it that much harder to fit a rear seat and make it comfortable and spacious enough, that lost space will be made up when it comes to cargo space.

Anyone know how big the trunk is?

#8 ·
if you look closely at this video you can see the guy awkwardly struggling to get in the back seats and he doesn't even look that tall. And even from the picture you can see how much room there is...none you have to kinda arch forward. This is sad, but still until i get to sit in one personally I'll be in denial for now.

#9 ·
Well, sometimes you have to compromise in life and this is what exactly happened when you want style. Luckily for me I won't be the one sitting in the back seat and my little ones are still in child seats. So the rear seat space issue won't directly affect me for a good while.

#13 ·
In one word: tight.

There is a minimal difference in the rear for headroom, C: 901 mm headroom, 652 mm legroom; the CLA has more of each: 905 mm headroom and 690 mm legroom. Conclusion: the CLA is better.

#14 ·
Just as a comparison for Canadians: the B 250, built on the same platform as the CLA, has 985 mm headroom (about 3 1/4 inches more than the CLA and 3.5 inches more than the C Class) and 728 mm legroom. The back of the B is a good place to travel, for an adult.

#15 ·
I don't think it is fair to expect B250 series headroom in a the CLA.

The CLA is much lower by design.

If people didn't know any better they would think the B250 is a minivan or SUV. That is until you see one in person and realize its smaller than that. But from photos it looks like a larger car and the CLA looks like a small car. That is because of the shape.

The CLA slopes down so much in the back.

#27 ·
I guess I won't be able to answer that question until I actually get to sit in one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.