"Pre-Safe" error message - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2015, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy "Pre-Safe" error message

2014 CLA:

Last week Wednesday morning, while entering a traffic circle, I was driving about 10 mph and my dashboard lit up. Error message showed "Pre-safe inoperative, consult operators manual"

I tried to move out of traffic, but acceleration was near zero, No power steering. The car basically quit

No place to pull over. After I finally was able I pulled over and shut off the car, I called the local Mercedes dealer. I had to leave a message. I started the car up to move down the road.

When I started the car, everything was clear???

Next afternoon (Thursday) on way home. Car did a repeat.

I shifted to neutral, shut off and restarted car.

Took the car to the dealer. They have given me a loaner, a 2015 C300

They have had the car for 7 days and counting.

Note: LOVE this dealer, great people!!

Thank goodness for the memory on the cars computer! It stored the error codes

Dealer has been speaking with engineers in Germany trying to figure it out.

Another car came in with same issue...

Dealer calls me everyday with updates. I have mentioned to them that the forum spoke about it happening and it was a collision sensor. They already tested all the sensors and it was all good.

My concern is this:

If this occurs again while in traffic (passing, merging, turning in front of oncoming traffic, moving through cross traffic) If the car "died" I could cause a serious crash. Not just the fact that I could get run into and myself being injured, but MORE IMPORTANTLY if someone else is killed because of this, I will get arrested for vehicular homicide and carted off to jail. The police will not want to hear "the car just quit". I will not want to be responsible for someone else's death

As soon as the car is returned, I am trading out of it and it will never be another Mercedes. I would constantly be driving wondering if it will "die" crossing traffic.

I have had the car almost 2 years and 20,000 miles and it has been an absolute JOY to drive.

I do not blame the dealer. they did not make the car, just sells it..

I am not trying to whine, but trying to make others aware of the situation

I will keep my post updated as to what is found out to correct the issue
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning Message: "Unable to Reverse... Service Required"??? BenzNewbie New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 7 12-02-2014 02:55 AM
Pre-Safe Unavailable (moved from ESP malfunction Soccerdog Problems & Solutions 5 09-16-2014 10:31 AM
2 New Goodyear Assurance Beam Wiper Blades 19" 24" Made in USA Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 09-13-2014 10:29 PM
Chairman Of Daimler Mercedes Unveils New 2014 CLA For GEN "Y" BenzinoXL New 2014+ Mercedes CLA Videos 2 02-04-2013 02:35 PM
Mercedes-Benz 2014 CLA "Road Star" Trailer BenzinoXL New 2014+ Mercedes CLA Videos 0 02-01-2013 08:23 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-27-2015, 09:53 AM

Never had this. Keep us posted. Hope your car gets fixed.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-15-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No one was able to determine cause of the error codes and car going into limp mode

Car was there 11 days and while there 4 other cars came in with same issue

Immediately after pickup from service I took my car to another non Mercedes dealer and traded it in

I hope none of you have the same issue in the future

The possible litigation that could occur if this issue resurfaced while in traffic scares me greatly

I do not want to be the cause of any injury or worse knowing of this issue

We were intending of purchasing an SLK350 next month for me wife but Mercedes will no longer be an option for us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page