Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Mercedes CLA insurance quotes?

23K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  sleepyhead 
#1 ·
How much have you been quoted for insurance cost?

I am curious to know how the costs of Mercedes CLA insurance will compare to say the insurance costs for a Mercedes C-Class. And how much more should I be prepared to spend over say insuring a Honda Accord?

#3 ·
I don't know about other states but in NJ for full coverage (liability, collision, comprehensive) is $495/6 months. So about $1000/year. That is not much considering we have 2 other vehicles (2005, 2008) and they cost just about as much to insure.

#4 ·
Even though, we have lots of sunshine down here in Miami, but we also have the most expensive rate of cars insurance as well. Mine went up about $56 for every six months which sounds o.k. but I dont even want to know how much I pay every month.. Let just say I have been paying almost $1,600 a year for my 2003 Mustang GT!! and I'm 47 married with clean records :eek:.

#7 ·
I'm confused... but that's not surprising.

#9 ·
Only $9.33 a month? Is that in addition to your existing vehicle(s) or replacing one of them?

#11 ·
Oh, OK. Now I get it. I guess I made an assumption that you're adding a vehicle like me and not replacing one. Now it makes sense.

#14 ·
I have a perfect driving record but my wife....not so good. Just this year alone she got into an accident (minor fender bender in the parking lot, her fault, over $3000 in repairs), speeding ticket on I-90 in western NY, and a light tap to the rear bumper of a car in front of her. Since we our insurance covers us both, we can't get the best price. After the accident in the parking lot our insurance went up by about $400/year for 5 years. I tried looking at other insurance companies and they all quoted me around the same amount, some even higher.

#15 ·
Man, I feel your pain, Tony. I have clean record as well, haven't got ticket or accident for the past 15 years or so. But my wife is another story. Somebody hit her from behind twice and she also tapped somebody from the back as well. She totaled our cars twice ( one was her fault ). Maybe I should have bought her a Kia or something.:mad:

#16 ·
My CLA replaced a Civic Si. My insurance went up $26.00 annually.

#17 ·
Rub it in, why don't you.

#21 ·
got my CLA last saturday. Not looking forward to getting insurance. Under 24 years of age with a couple tickets in the last five years. No accidents though. Thinking about going with Geico. Thoughts?
Congratulations on your new CLA. No thoughts on your insurance as rates vary quite a bit by location and insurance companies. Good luck.

#22 ·
Insurance premiums

I agree with BenzFan, the premiums depend on a number of factors such as the cost of your car, your deductibles, higher deductibles = lower premiums, your sex, age, driving record, where you drive, credit rating and many more. If you're too busy, you can get an insurance broker to get you the best rates. :):)

#23 ·
Like above said, it depends on a LOT of factors such as age, profession, gender, driving history, type of car, options, location, bundled vehicles, homes, etc. I don't have my AMG yet, but I was quoted around $60 a month for full coverage (granted I will have another car bundled with it). I'm (relatively) young but have a clean record. I've a friend twice my age who pays more than that for a 11 year old Mazda 3, so it's dependent on many things.

Also, this is the time to hit up all your alumni/professional associations to see if they offer any discounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.