Multimedia Package: Worth It? - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Multimedia Package: Worth It?

Anyone planning to get the multimedia package for their CLA? Is it worth the $2,300?

I understand you get a high resolution LCD screen and a rear view camera, but what do the other features give you exactly?

Personally, as long as it has bluetooth connectivity for my phone and can play mp3s, I feel the standard package should be good enough for me.
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this worth it... dbtk Mercedes CLA Dealers & Pricing 8 10-28-2013 04:55 PM
Did you order Multimedia package without Premium 1 but car was built with both? NewMercOwner New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 1 10-22-2013 02:33 PM
Multimedia Package's DVD player Tonyride Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 6 10-17-2013 08:14 PM
Think your CLA will be ever worth this much? CLAJoe New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 4 07-15-2013 01:00 PM
premium package worth the price? AMG4Matic New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 14 04-11-2013 05:46 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 AM

I don't don't think it's worth it, so I don't plan to get it. Why would I need a six disc DVD changer in this day and age? I feel a smartphone can do most of these things. Just buy a cell mount for your CLA.

Here is a breakdown of the features you get with the multimedia package

320pkg - Multimedia Package
CLA250/CLA250 4Matic/CLA45 AMG: $2,300

512 - COMAND System w/ Hard Drive Navigation
218 - Rearview Camera
- 7.0" High Resolution LCD Screen w/ 3D Map Views
- Enhanced Voice Control System
- 10GB Music Register
- 6-Disc DVD Changer
- Gracenote album information including cover art
- SD Card Slot
- SiriusXM Traffic and Sirius XM Weather
post #3 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Does SiriusXM Traffic and Weather include radio? That is, can I listen to Howard Stern? I assume that the multimedia package will include the subscription too. I don't want to buy subscription costs on top of the $2,300.

post #4 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 11:59 AM

I'm in the same boat with whether I want to multimedia package as well. If anything I plan to just get the Drive Kit Plus which is an option for the CLA. It's built specifically for the iphone and integrates the CLA functions into the phone. Here's their website

post #5 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM

Here's a breakdown of the Driving kit plus and Digital Drivestyle

Quote:
Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone® [1]

With the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®", your iPhone® 4/4S is comprehensively integrated
in the A-Class. It is integrated through the interaction of the
Mercedes-Benz app called "Digital DriveStyle" with the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" interface in the vehicle, where the iPhone® is connected and charged.
The "Digital DriveStyle" app is available free of charge at the iTunes® App Store [2]. In the app, extensive functions are seamlessly integrated in the new revolutionary user interface and shown on the vehicle display [3] . With the iPhone® connected, the "Digital DriveStyle" app is reliably and conveniently controlled via the ergonomically designed Controller.

Some of the functions of the "Digital DriveStyle" app:

Advanced navigation solution from Garmin® with web-based real-time traffic information, Points of Interest search and 3D map presentation.
Local search function powered by Google™ of Points of Interest with StreetView™ and destination transfer to Navigation.
AUPEO!™ Personal Radio with individual music programming.
Internet radio with national and international stations.
Access to the track titles stored in your iPhone®.
Facebook® Feeds and Twitter® Tweets from friends are read out aloud[4].
Socially interactive experience through sharing and posting, e.g. the title of the song currently playing or of the navigation destination on Facebook® and Twitter®.
Glympse™: Communicate to your friends - in real-time - your current location, your vehicle speed and estimated time of arrival.
Intuitive CarFinder with automatic storing of vehicle location on iPhone®. By means of the integrated pedestrian navigation function in the iPhone® it is possible to find one's vehicle conveniently.
post #6 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Matic View Post
I'm in the same boat with whether I want to multimedia package as well. If anything I plan to just get the Drive Kit Plus which is an option for the CLA. It's built specifically for the iphone and integrates the CLA functions into the phone. Here's their website

I wonder whats the hold up with pricing on CLA illuminated door sills, seems like such an easy thing to develop and price, easier than most of what the CLA has.

How much do you guys thing illuminated door sills will cost us?

Also what is the CLA Drive kit plus suppose to be? I'm confused as to what exactly it is, unlike the rest, the name is far from being self explanatory
post #7 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 01:34 PM

The drive kit plus sounds promising from mercedes but the only problem is that not everyone owns an iphone. And its not amazing where i should get one just to have these features. I think they should make q version that is android capatible too to reach out to everyone rather than just apple supporters. Mercedes should recognize that as a auto manufacturer and cater to everyone globally.
post #8 of 28 Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni S. View Post
The drive kit plus sounds promising from mercedes but the only problem is that not everyone owns an iphone. And its not amazing where i should get one just to have these features. I think they should make q version that is android capatible too to reach out to everyone rather than just apple supporters. Mercedes should recognize that as a auto manufacturer and cater to everyone globally.
So the mercedes drive kit plus is some sort of technology package?

shouldn't we be able to use other types of phones, like Androids with just using a cable that supports it, or is it going to be something more complicated like software to read the device, which is just limited to Apple's OS?
post #9 of 28 Old 04-11-2013, 01:01 PM

I think the Multimedia package is a better bargain than the premium package.

Is that $600 navbox the standalone option for navigation?
post #10 of 28 Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM

I'm just hoping that the Drive Kit app can also be used on an ipad mini.

An ipad mini costs 400 dollars and it has all the functions of the multimedia package like radio, voice control and gbs of music. It just won't have DVD changer but who needs that, I can put movie files on my ipad. The only thing really missing is the rear view camera.

That multimedia package costs nearly 2k more. It's not worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page