Mercedes CLA Forum banner

20's on a CLA Sport

35K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  pcronin315 
#1 ·
Do you guys think I can fit 20's on my CLA250 Sport? If yes, what tire size? I'm planning to keep the suspension stock.

#4 ·
Better hope the road is super smooth and you don't have to go up or down any type of incline, because those tires will hit the wheel arches. You're in for a rough ride too with the smear of tire that's going to be on those wheels. If anything, I'd get stiffer suspension so you don't end up rubbing all of the tire off on the wheel arch every time your car goes over a pebble. I wouldn't recommend it. And that's before you consider the costs of such thin tires and big rims.

#9 · (Edited)
tires are in the 300 range... I've already looked into 20's for my 45. Still debating because of all what was stated above. With the 45 and AMG suspension, there is enough room for a bigger wheel with same size rubber but just depends on wheel travel.

Wish there were more people already out there who's done it on a CLA to get feedback.... eyeing some 20 inch HRE's...just scared to pull the trigger and place that order. another concern is the weight of the aftermarket rims. I want steer clear (pun intended) of drastically affecting the acceleration and deceleration times. In other words, i still want to get my 0-60 times.

#13 ·
I'm not sure you really need to go for high performance tires or wheels just because you are going to 20's, though you may be hard pressed to find "basic" models at that size anyways. I felt the CLA250 had enough power and feel for what it is, but it's not really a sports car in the sense of M/AMG/RS/Nismo/Evo/WRX/Ralliart/-V/SRT/etc. The weight savings you'd get on high end wheels isn't going to make much of a difference and wouldn't be worth the cost. If you're willing to eat the fact that you're going to be replacing tires twice a year and shattering your spine, you might as well just get the best looking ones and not worry about the weight. It's not going to make enough of a difference to make you feel all that much more sporty. Especially if you're staying with stock suspension. Whereas if you're going to go all out with the mods, might as well get the AMG. My 2 cents.

#19 ·
Lol, why is everyone assumes bigger rims equate to gaudy and blingy?? There are many luxury cars running on larger wheels that sit at stock suspension levels that look very classy. I agree too much chrome will make any wheel in any size look gaudy and blingy but ppl there are sooo many wheel choices on the market today that make many cars look like the left the factories and dealerships that way.

#20 · (Edited)
Im really thinking about getting a set of these new Niche Essen Wheels. Any opinions or can someone photo shop them? The only downside is they do not make the correct offset in a 20... closest is a 20x9 et 38, roughly 5mm would more than likely need to be shaved off the back pad of the wheel to make it a 42, even at that the car would have to be lowered and have a little camber to clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.