3Likes
  • 1 Post By brianch
  • 1 Post By RSM
  • 1 Post By Tonyride

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Spare tire solution

Does anybody know what spare tire and rim size I would need to buy for my cla250 sport package, I am replacing summer tires with non-run flat all season tires and car does not come with spare. I need the correct rim and tire that fits.
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes Benz Silver Tire Valve Caps SLK CLK CLS ML SL G C E A B G Class CLA Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-07-2013 05:46 AM
Mercedes Benz Silver Tire Valve Caps SLK CLK CLS ML SL G C E A B G Class CLA Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 10-17-2013 06:00 PM
Mercedes Benz Silver Tire Valve Caps SLK CLK CLS ML SL G C E A B G Class CLA Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 10-14-2013 04:12 AM
Mercedes Benz Silver Tire Valve Caps SLK CLK CLS ML SL G C E A B G Class CLA Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 10-12-2013 11:14 AM
winter tire options for the Mercedes CLA brianch Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 1 09-13-2013 02:09 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM

oh geez. that info isn't going to be as easy to find

any nonrunflat tire owners wanna see what size their rim and tire is for the spare?

I think the best thing to do is call your dealership - they easily look it up on their computer when looking for parts. they just need to look up the spare tire part number.
vracer likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
any nonrunflat tire owners wanna see what size their rim and tire is for the spare?

I think the best thing to do is call your dealership - they easily look it up on their computer when looking for parts. they just need to look up the spare tire part number.
A voice of reason in the wilderness.

Please go to your cp and list your location. This is a multinational forum, and cars from Slovakia are not the same as Belgium or the US.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-23-2014, 08:06 AM
RSM

Here are the spare tire specs:

Tire Size is a: T 125 80/R17 Dimensions are: Diameter is 24.9 inches, and the Width is 5 inches

Tire Rack carries it for about 120.00

Rim Part Number is: 2074000102

Can find this online for about 110 or from the dealer for 140.

You can probably order both from the dealer as a set but it is a special order and they could not give me a price.

Here is the big problem! The donut will not fit in the depression beneath the trunk floor so while it will take up less space than a full size spare, it will still be banging around back there. Hope this helps those who are looking to buy non runflats and have a spare.

Oh, and a jack kit can be ordered on E-Bay:

Genuine Mercedes Benz Jack Tool Kit W176 A Class C117 CLA | eBay

Cheers!
vracer likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM

A 17" rim won't fit in the front. The Sports Package has larger front brakes and a 17" rim won't clear the calipers. I learned this when I ordered my winter tires/rims for my car from Tire Rack.
vracer likes this.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-23-2014, 11:24 AM
RSM

Interesting. Should not affect CLAs that do not have Sports Package...
post #7 of 8 Old 01-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Tony,
You continue to give out good info. Thank you. And an "attaboy" to Tire Rack for having correct info so early in the game.

Please go to your cp and list your location. This is a multinational forum, and cars from Slovakia are not the same as Belgium or the US.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Interesting. Should not affect CLAs that do not have Sports Package...
True but the original poster's CLA does have Sports Package. Same applies to Edition 1 cars as they also have the larger 18" rims and front brakes. So if your car has the stock 17" rims then the only thing you have to worry about is where to put the spare. Now, here's a potential solution for those with Sports Package and still want the 17" spare tire but it requires some extra work. The 17" spare will still fit on the rear wheels of a Sports Package equipped CLA as the brake size is the same as the non-Sports Package equipped CLA. So if you happen to get a flat in the rear then you're fine with putting on the spare. But if you get a flat up front then you'll have to replace the flat with one of the rear wheels so it'll fit and then put the spare in the rear. So this is how you'll do it if you get a flat up front: 1. Jack up one of the rear wheels and put the spare in its place. 2. Then take the rear wheel you just took off and use that to replace the front. 3. Find room in your car for the flat tire. Lots of work there but it's not impossible.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.

Last edited by Tonyride; 01-23-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page