2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 - The Car Everyone Can Disagree On - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-30-2014, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 - The Car Everyone Can Disagree On

Autoblog recently posted their review of the 2014 CLA250, check it out!

Review --> 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Review - Autoblog
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz : Other CLA250 2014 CLA250 Used Turbo 2L I4 16V Automatic FWD Sedan Pre Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 02-25-2014 04:00 PM
Mercedes-Benz : Other CLA250 2014 MB CLA250 P88 EDITION 1 NAV TURBO Front wheel driv Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-25-2013 04:21 PM
Mercedes-Benz : Other CLA250 2014 MB CLA250 P88 EDITION 1 NAV HARMON/KARDON TURBO Fro Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-16-2013 12:12 PM
Mercedes-Benz : Other CLA250 1st edition 2014 CLA250 Turbo 2L I4 Automatic Naviagtio Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 10-28-2013 03:21 PM
Mercedes Benz CLA CLASS C117 2014 Car Cover CLA250 CLA45 AMG Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 10-24-2013 05:21 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM

a car everyone can disagree on? wtheck does that mean
post #3 of 7 Old 05-01-2014, 01:25 PM

I think people are just having different degrees of trouble accepting that Mercedes is going downmarket. It's relatively easy to justify less than Mercedes quality in a hatchback (A-class) or a MPV (B-class), but in a car styled like a CLS (the CLA) it's hard for people to get over the fact that this is not a CLS. Or even a C-class. So everyone has different degrees of tolerance of every little thing about the car. Maybe that's what they are getting at. I think it helps to remember where this car comes from (the A- and B-class), not what it looks like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-01-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
I think people are just having different degrees of trouble accepting that Mercedes is going downmarket. It's relatively easy to justify less than Mercedes quality in a hatchback (A-class) or a MPV (B-class), but in a car styled like a CLS (the CLA) it's hard for people to get over the fact that this is not a CLS. Or even a C-class. So everyone has different degrees of tolerance of every little thing about the car. Maybe that's what they are getting at. I think it helps to remember where this car comes from (the A- and B-class), not what it looks like.
thats it.

they just don't get where it sits in the market and in the mercedes line.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-02-2014, 07:39 PM

all the manufacturers are going down market from where they are

its to get more money flowing in

if you dont like it - dont buy it

not sure why ppl have to be so against it.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG4Matic View Post
all the manufacturers are going down market from where they are

its to get more money flowing in

if you dont like it - dont buy it

not sure why ppl have to be so against it.
Nobody likes change. Even if it doesn't affect them. We are all naturally conservative about things. And now we all have a twitblog to let the world know that we feel the world is ending.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 10:02 AM

I've owned several Benzes (a fan of W126 & W124 & W123 cars) and while I've not (yet) owned a CLA, I've seen them & sat in them a number of times. I have to say that when properly equipped, the interiors are every bit as nice and as comfy as any other Benz. Sure, you have the screen which is not integrated into the dash, but that is not a bad thing. You can get wood on the panels and the seats can be fitted with the ideal MB-Tex (quite a solid reputation for comfort and longevity and ease of care) or leather. I am 6'6" tall and can fit in the front with lots of legroom and headroom. While the back seat is not ideal, I can still fit in it without discomfort. I am not sure if it would be ideal for me to ride in the back for a long period, but around town, it's not that bad. Being retired, there is not that much of a need for us to haul people in the back seat anymore.

And, I like the style. Very fresh, very aero and allows for it to be unique and not (yet) appear as a Honda or other Asian car. It is full of standard features and can be optioned to the hilt if you so desire. (For me, the simpler the better.)

Finally, being a FWD car, it is a great way to provide a less expensive drivetrain, use a powerful 4-cylinder motor with great economy and low emissions, and have it feel more normal to most people who have never driven a RWD car in their lives. MB will be building a lot of these cars over the upcoming years and they will not suffer from being like the 914 Porsche was to the 911. I know the bugs will be fixed as they always are at MB, and the CLA will (continue to) be a proud member of a exemplary line of automobiles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page