Concealed radar detectors? - Page 2 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 04-16-2015, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
I bet it's for the collision warning or some other radar guided safety feature on the car, not for a police radar detector.
He specifically said there is a functioning Radar Detector installed in his wife's car and apparently can be controlled via the Command screen. Don't be arrogant and all knowing like me.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 04-16-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
He specifically said there is a functioning Radar Detector installed in his wife's car and apparently can be controlled via the Command screen. Don't be arrogant and all knowing like me.
From the way it was phrased, it appears to be that he is assuming that there is a functioning radar detector based on the option, not that they know there is a police radar detector installed. Based on that, unless he explicitly knows what was installed, I would assume it is the radar system of the car and not a police radar detector. I doubt Mercedes would put something like that in a regular for sale car given the myriad of laws amongst all the states that would complicate things for sales and the customer if they move to a state where it is illegal. Just like how window tinting is done aftermarket via the dealer or yourself instead of at the factory given all the differing laws.

If he said he found the detector (or tried it and it really is a detector) that's something else. Personally I would just call the dealer and be done with it. But this gives me a chance to be arrogant so I'm fine with it.
post #13 of 16 Old 04-16-2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
From the way it was phrased, it appears to be that he is assuming that there is a functioning radar detector based on the option, not that they know there is a police radar detector installed. Based on that, unless he explicitly knows what was installed, I would assume it is the radar system of the car and not a police radar detector. I doubt Mercedes would put something like that in a regular for sale car given the myriad of laws amongst all the states that would complicate things for sales and the customer if they move to a state where it is illegal. Just like how window tinting is done aftermarket via the dealer or yourself instead of at the factory given all the differing laws.

If he said he found the detector (or tried it and it really is a detector) that's something else. Personally I would just call the dealer and be done with it. But this gives me a chance to be arrogant so I'm fine with it.
I'm with you 100% and that's what I was trying to say but he flew off the handle, called me arrogant, and insisted that his wife's CLA has a functioning radar detector installed that can be controlled from the Command unit. I know he has mistaken a police radar detector (topic of this thread) for a safety feature in the car that uses radar but he's not fessing up. I'll admit I was being sarcastic and a bit defensive but he attacked me first... and to be honest, I can be a bit arrogant at times .. .. but not this time.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 AM

It's there... right next to the ejection seat activate/deactivate option... duh...
post #15 of 16 Old 01-18-2016, 08:26 AM

Garage
Its the Distronik plus Radar...
post #16 of 16 Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Chacon View Post
Its the Distronik plus Radar...
That's not the radar we're talking about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page