How to Wash My Black CLA? - Page 3 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzNewbie View Post
yeah.. weather is always a problem. I went to an auto detailing place and they gave me some advice on washing my car. The little scratches they said were probably from wiping it down in a swirling motion. The said they can easily buff it out and recommended me put a sealant on it. Which to me sounded like a good idea. Told me it'll last for about 10 years. So I have an appointment end of Jan.
the trick i learned to drying is to pat your car dry, don't wipe. apparently patting will do a great job, but of course it will take a lot more time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 01-14-2014, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFan View Post
the trick i learned to drying is to pat your car dry, don't wipe. apparently patting will do a great job, but of course it will take a lot more time.
Sounds logical. The detailers also told me to do a one long swipe instead of circles.
post #23 of 37 Old 01-14-2014, 10:53 AM

I still believe that coating it with a coating like Opti-Coat or CQuartz and then just relying on a coin operated self service pressure washer bay or the laser/touchless drive through car washes.

This is the easiest to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
I still believe that coating it with a coating like Opti-Coat or CQuartz and then just relying on a coin operated self service pressure washer bay or the laser/touchless drive through car washes.

Thats the best thing to do.
I have family and friends that aren't into cars, their not enthusiastic about them as we all are.
So if it was up to me to recommend the best way to maintain the exterior, that would be it.

Get a detailer to apply some sort of sealant and make weekly visits to a touchless car wash or when ever most appropriate.
post #25 of 37 Old 01-15-2014, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post

Think that's what the auto detailer was saying to me. He said after he puts the sealant on my car I'll be able to go through such car washes and it shouldn't do any damage.
post #26 of 37 Old 01-15-2014, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFan View Post
Thats the best thing to do.
I have family and friends that aren't into cars, their not enthusiastic about them as we all are.
So if it was up to me to recommend the best way to maintain the exterior, that would be it.

Get a detailer to apply some sort of sealant and make weekly visits to a touchless car wash or when ever most appropriate.
Yup... that's what I'm having done. It sounds reasonable for the price too. 10 years said is should last. Washing a car is a all day job if you plan to do it yourself. Then if you wanna really do it right you need the right products and then that cost money as you will need to replace them after they get worn and dirty. If this is a good alternative I'll gladly pay the high expense now and coin operate it maybe every month or so.

There was another thing the detailer mentioned on the day I went to visit. He called it a "wrap". But that was like close to $3000! I'm sure I heard it correctly. He explained but not sure how much more that does compared to the sealant for that big difference a price

Sorry guys for sounding so inexperienced. Previous cars I just used anything to wash but with this one I really want/need to take care of it. It's really a whole new world
post #27 of 37 Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM

Anyone want to start up a luxury car wash? LOLLLL
post #28 of 37 Old 01-20-2014, 01:40 PM

The wrap he is referring to is probably clear-bra.

I got my car applied with the opti-guard and had the front end applied with 3M clearbra.
post #29 of 37 Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG4Matic View Post
The wrap he is referring to is probably clear-bra.

I got my car applied with the opti-guard and had the front end applied with 3M clearbra.
same thing? yeah.. from what he describe it sounded almost bullet-proof
post #30 of 37 Old 03-04-2014, 01:27 AM

You can always use the two bucket method...one bucket with soap and water...the other bucket is filled with just water. After you dip in the soap & water and wash vehicle then you'd dip in the clear water to remove any debris, before putting it back into the soap and water. I also use a leaf blower to dry my car...I get the majority of the water off with that before using a microfiber towel to finish it up. The leaf blower is great for getting water out of side mirrors as well as nooks and crannies. Check out autogeek for ideas/solutions to getting that showroom shine...good luck!
BTW I have an invisible bra on my 07 Corvette...it's on the nose and side mirrors. It's mainly used to prevent rock chips...and you maintain it just like you would the rest of the car.

Last edited by nyc-style; 03-04-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page