How to Wash My Black CLA? - Page 4 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 Old 03-04-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc-style View Post
You can always use the two bucket method...one bucket with soap and water...the other bucket is filled with just water. After you dip in the soap & water and wash vehicle then you'd dip in the clear water to remove any debris, before putting it back into the soap and water. I also use a leaf blower to dry my car...I get the majority of the water off with that before using a microfiber towel to finish it up. The leaf blower is great for getting water out of side mirrors as well as nooks and crannies. Check out autogeek for ideas/solutions to getting that showroom shine...good luck!
BTW I have an invisible bra on my 07 Corvette...it's on the nose and side mirrors. It's mainly used to prevent rock chips...and you maintain it just like you would the rest of the car.
Where did you get the clear bra put on or did you do it yourself?

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 03-04-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
Where did you get the clear bra put on or did you do it yourself?
The dealership put it on for me...you can try Nevada Window Tinting as well I had them do my headlights. I've had mine on for 6 years and it still looks great!
post #33 of 37 Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc-style View Post
The dealership put it on for me...you can try Nevada Window Tinting as well I had them do my headlights. I've had mine on for 6 years and it still looks great!
Thanks.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
Thanks.
Oops didn't notice you were in Jersey...
post #35 of 37 Old 03-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianch View Post
I would AVOID

hold on let me clarify that again and let it sink in

AVOID
  • drive through car washes that are NOT touchless.
  • drive through car washes where high school kids use dirty wash mitts to rub dirt into your car
Do not wipe your car dry when it is raining. You are causing the scratches. Sorry to say but that drive through car wash along with you drying your car probably just caused lots of damage to your paint that can only be corrected through paint correction (you are looking at $400+job)

HOW TO WASH YOUR CAR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Sqi1lAj1A
Great video. The best thing I think for paint is a garage and hopefully shaded parking at your work not under trees. I'll probably be picking up foam canon and just let that do the washing with the occasional hand wash.
post #36 of 37 Old 02-15-2017, 11:07 AM

I bought a new black CLA 250 yesterday and while I was at the dealership I asked how to wash it. The reply was that I could take it to a touchless car wash.

So when I got home I started reading the owner's manual and it said to avoid the touchless for the harsh chemicals that can damage the paint job.

I have read that some people use the 2 bucket technique. I've never hand washed a car simply because the automatic car wash is more convenient.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what brands to use on the exterior and interior. In the past I used Armorall on my Ford to keep the inside clean.
post #37 of 37 Old 04-22-2018, 12:08 AM

Keep your Mercedes-Benz looking like new inside and out with specially formulated shampoo, paint cleaner, polish, and other products from the Mercedes-Benz Car Care Product Collection. Each product is meticulously designed to clean, protect, and maintain the original Mercedes-Benz appearance that was love at first sight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page