AMG door pin locks in CLA? - Page 2 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 11-07-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
I just got them yesterday and I didn't put them on yet. The plastic pins don't uncrew as easily as you would think. I'll have to use a pair of pliars and a piece of rubber to wrap around the plastic pins to help unscrew them off. BTW, when you buy the AMG pin, you only get 1, not a pair. So I had to order 2 of them. They only fit in the front doors from what I understand. Won't fit the rear doors.
Thanks, Tony!

Let us know how they feel as well...i.e., can you rest your left arm on the sill? the current ones jut out too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLA19034 View Post
Thanks, Tony!

Let us know how they feel as well...i.e., can you rest your left arm on the sill? the current ones jut out too much.
I have no problems with the current ones obstructing. I just don't like the cheap plastic look. The AMG pins appear to be made of stainless steel. The tip with the AMG inprint is polished. The sides are brushed.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #13 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
I just got them yesterday and I didn't put them on yet. The plastic pins don't uncrew as easily as you would think. I'll have to use a pair of pliars and a piece of rubber to wrap around the plastic pins to help unscrew them off. BTW, when you buy the AMG pin, you only get 1, not a pair. So I had to order 2 of them. They only fit in the front doors from what I understand. Won't fit the rear doors.
WHAT!? The pins are only for the front doors? That makes no sense. That would look just plain silly with different door pins on the front/back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 PM

They should just have the pins fit all doors, might as well keep the whole AMG theme consistent. Maybe we'll see some change happen in the following years?
post #15 of 19 Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Garage
You can use the front pins for the rear. The removal and installation is the same as the front doors.
post #16 of 19 Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 PM

Garage
So how do you install the front pins
post #17 of 19 Old 09-20-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiller View Post
So how do you install the front pins
You just unscrew them. They're very tight so you may need to use pliers. I wrap the plastic lock pins with a piece of thin rubber to protect it while using the pliers to help twist the pins off so I won't damage them in case I need it for some reason.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #18 of 19 Old 09-22-2014, 04:33 AM

Garage
how about sport pedals has any body installed them yet
post #19 of 19 Old 09-22-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiller View Post
how about sport pedals has any body installed them yet
Yup, I have them, too. You just grab a corner of a pad and peel it off. Putting them on is a bit of a challenge but pretty much goes on the same way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page