Has anyone found seatcovers ? - Page 2 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cconcepcion View Post
MBtex Seats
Then you don't need seat covers. The MBtex material is more durable than any seat cover material out there and is much easier to clean. Unless of course your passengers is liable to go crazy with a Sharpie all over your seats.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying you shouldn't get seat covers. If you want them then by all means get them. I'm just saying that personally I wouldn't bother with them because the MBtex material is stronger and more durable than your typical seat covers.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.

Last edited by Tonyride; 02-12-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 02-12-2014, 12:09 PM

I guess if you are often carrying things in the car that may dirty the seats a seat cover would be something to consider

What exactly is your concern? Just wear and tear? Or are we talking about dirt and grime?
post #13 of 22 Old 02-12-2014, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just wear and tear. I found a local company that made tailor seatcovers for $245.00 basically a material like the MBtex. For now I am going to wait, because the solution is not better than what I want to prevent. They told me that they installed it like the original, so if I had to take it out, I have to cut them . So I have a the cargo mat for the CLA from MB in the trunk. So everything go to the Trunk.

Even the one's who carry sharpies or key's in their back pocket. ;-)

Thanks to everyone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 Old 02-12-2014, 08:48 PM

Ok good cause this was going to be my next suggestion for you carpool buddies.
1392256103823.jpg
ZILLA likes this.
post #15 of 22 Old 02-18-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCLAssy View Post
Ok good cause this was going to be my next suggestion for you carpool buddies.
Attachment 1490
haha nice find

CLA45 AMG
post #16 of 22 Old 02-18-2014, 04:20 PM

On a side note, I've got a question about something that doesn't make any sense to me. I know people who buy leather seats because they like them but then buy seat covers to avoid wear. Why would you buy something you like only to hide them? Do people who buy them take them off once a week to enjoy the leather or something?

And also, I guess if you're afraid or wear and tear on leather seats in our daily commuter, why go for leather seats? This is in general, not in reference to cconcepcion. I mean, the reason I'm getting MB-Tex is specifically because I don't want nasty worn seats after a couple of years.
Tonyride likes this.
post #17 of 22 Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
On a side note, I've got a question about something that doesn't make any sense to me. I know people who buy leather seats because they like them but then buy seat covers to avoid wear. Why would you buy something you like only to hide them? Do people who buy them take them off once a week to enjoy the leather or something?

And also, I guess if you're afraid or wear and tear on leather seats in our daily commuter, why go for leather seats? This is in general, not in reference to cconcepcion. I mean, the reason I'm getting MB-Tex is specifically because I don't want nasty worn seats after a couple of years.
I'm with you on this one, sleepyhead. I don't get the people (also not anyone here in particular) who pay extra for leather seats and proceeds to cover them up with less attractive seat covers, and sometimes just cotton seats in the back and tank top T-shirts for the front seats. I have a neighbor who is doing just that and I don't think I've ever seen the covers off the seats. So why get the leather in the first place only to sit on ugly cotton sheets all the time? What are they saving the leather for? They pay for something they don't even get to enjoy.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #18 of 22 Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM

I think the majority do it for resale value. But yeah if they never remove the covers, then it's pointless to get leather in the first place.
post #19 of 22 Old 10-29-2014, 01:11 AM

I mod a seat cover by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cconcepcion View Post
Does anybody has found seat covers ?
check out this link for picture Mercedes CLA 250
post #20 of 22 Old 10-29-2014, 01:18 AM

Check out my seat cover for Cla 250. I mod it. Mercedes CLA 250
cconcepcion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version