Mercedes CLA Standard Headlamp vs Bi-Xenon Headlamps - Page 2 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 PM

I know the CLA's starting price is only $30,000, but I believe that the Xenon Headlamps should have not been offered as a stand alone option. They should have been embedded within one of the packages, for example the sport package and the premium package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 05-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Obviously MB feels differently.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-04-2014, 09:53 AM

I have ordered for the Bi-Xenon head lights with LED tail lights. I have recently seen a video on YouTube (
) showing the Bi-Xenon's blinking when the car was parked. Can any one please confirm that its a standard in Bi-Xenon because when I asked the sales person at manhattan-mercedes she seems to be amazed and asked me.."are you sure that was a CLA and not a S-Class ?" However the guy posting the video review did confirmed it. But still would like to ask the experts.

--newbie/enthusiast--
CLA 250 4MATIC
Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama, Bi-Xenon,Star
Mountain Grey Metallic/Ash-mbTex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 05-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshukdutta View Post
I have ordered for the Bi-Xenon head lights with LED tail lights. I have recently seen a video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFMo8Aoaxec) showing the Bi-Xenon's blinking when the car was parked. Can any one please confirm that its a standard in Bi-Xenon because when I asked the sales person at manhattan-mercedes she seems to be amazed and asked me.."are you sure that was a CLA and not a S-Class ?" However the guy posting the video review did confirmed it. But still would like to ask the experts.
It doesn't really blink to the naked eye. You only see it blinking on videos. I can go though a boring technical explanation as to why you see the lights blinking in videos but not in person but I won't unless you want me to.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #15 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 11:34 AM

I have the Std, I just upgraded the Running lights to LED's and What really got me liking it better is the tail light lighting looks so much cleaner.. Plus $900 savings. I figure give it two year and see what the front light look then? If I want to upgrade them or just replace bulbs with HID's?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzinoXL View Post

Why is Mercedes nickel and dimming with the projectors. I can recall and other manufacturers now that don't offer projectors as a standard. I can see this be normal years back but this is 2013. The standard headlights look really ugly, not sure how much the upgrade but this is a must.

Mike 2014 MB CLA250 & 09 Scion Tc

NeedSynthetic Amsoil?

317-4-Amsoil Ref #1339879 AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API-qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL, The First in Synthetics®, to do the best job protecting your engine.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-22-2015, 11:52 AM

I don't think I've ever seen the standard lights, but the LEDs are quite good. Very bright, clean (as in not yellowed like many incandescent lights), and, based on seeing other CLAs going the other way, not blinding to the oncoming driver. I would consider getting them especially for the last point. Because lights don't just affect your visibility. If you blind the oncoming driver he's liable to swerve into you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page