CLA interior door gap - Page 2 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG View Post
send it back?
i know if i was a customer that ordered a CLA and saw this when going to pick it up, i wouldn't accept it. i would either want a full refund or just wait for one that's up to my expectations
yea but if all CLAs are built with a gap theres technically nothing wrong with it, compared to the others....

If this was an engineering decision and not simply an early build flaw I will be actively reconsidering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 Old 09-30-2013, 05:03 PM

That gap could be the reason for the road noise too. You can clearly see the sheet metal.
post #13 of 40 Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
That gap could be the reason for the road noise too. You can clearly see the sheet metal.
thats what I'm thinking too. And if it is the cause of the road noise it makes me think that this isn't limited to a few CLA's but the whole batch. We've been seeing the reviews from europe for about 2-3 months now and all of them have said the CLA leaks road noise, I would think Mercedes would provide the journos the best possible examples of the CLA... But then again, why wouldn't the auto journos pick that out and call attention to it?

BTW where are North American CLA's being built? I know MB has several factories globally producing regionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 Old 10-01-2013, 04:31 PM

This is my personal opinion .... the gap doesn't bother me in the least. The thought that the gap makes the CLA look cheap, image how the proud owners of the $100,000 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe must feel. ;-)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-mH6FhhLp0jA/UM...5B2%25255D.jpg
post #15 of 40 Old 10-03-2013, 02:08 AM

CLA gaps

Check also in many CLAs the gap that exists in the boot !!!

Far more disapponting than this one you mention !!!

In Europe, there is also a big amount of complaints for such details, and are also well known to the company, which until now, have not respond in any of them....
post #16 of 40 Old 10-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Funny that in all the Mercedes Promotional shots of the CLA the door gap is conspicuously not there....

Anybody seen any CLA's without the door gap? What about the AMG, does it suffer from the gap as well?

@pseisog whats this trunk gap you mention, do you have any pics?
post #17 of 40 Old 10-03-2013, 11:02 AM

Interesting... So this is what they do to promote and then once you recieve it you get the the gap?
post #18 of 40 Old 10-03-2013, 05:06 PM

Usually gaps like that would be sealed off by a rubber strip to prevent noise and moisture from getting in and out. If they were designed intentionally of course. That gap looks so big its hard to believe it was an accident or mis-fitting panel.
post #19 of 40 Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Usually gaps like that would be sealed off by a rubber strip to prevent noise and moisture from getting in and out. If they were designed intentionally of course. That gap looks so big its hard to believe it was an accident or mis-fitting panel.
thats why I'm wondering if theres anyone whos seen a CLA without the gap. Something that glaring doesn't seem intentional, at least i wouldn't expect it intentionally from Mercedes, but I also never thought they would sell a car as cheap as the CLA and they proved me wrong there...
post #20 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 02:32 AM

Trunk gap pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker View Post
Funny that in all the Mercedes Promotional shots of the CLA the door gap is conspicuously not there....

Anybody seen any CLA's without the door gap? What about the AMG, does it suffer from the gap as well?

@pseisog whats this trunk gap you mention, do you have any pics?
Check the pics....... Dealer and Mercedes-Benz are fully aware of this, but no response yet on how to resolve such an ugly issue !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-03 17.06.04 HDR.jpg (257.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-10-03 17.05.52 HDR.jpg (207.3 KB, 46 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page