CLA interior door gap - Page 3 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseisog View Post
Check the pics....... Dealer and Mercedes-Benz are fully aware of this, but no response yet on how to resolve such an ugly issue !!!
OUUUU the trunk gap is even better than the door gaps! How many CLA's have you see like this pseisog? Wonder what the moisture threat is there, looks like the potential to rust the CLA inside out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Trunk gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker View Post
OUUUU the trunk gap is even better than the door gaps! How many CLA's have you see like this pseisog? Wonder what the moisture threat is there, looks like the potential to rust the CLA inside out..
As far as I checked some, mine (as you see from the photos) and at least 4 others at dealers' stores. Some have smaller gap and some do not have anything at all !!! I've made an official complaint to Mercedes Benz about it and still wait for response.....
post #23 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Wow! That's insane. I never noticed the gaps when I was checking it out. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm not saying they're not there. I just never looked for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
Wow! That's insane. I never noticed the gaps when I was checking it out. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm not saying they're not there. I just never looked for it.
I bet a lot of people missed it, it's not a typical problem area. Usually something so simple wouldn't be on someones list of things to look out for.

It just goes to show MB could have messed up even the simplest of things on our cars, better check everything, and make sure you leave as a happy new CLA owner and remain like that
post #25 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Its one of those things that if you dont really look for it you wont find. But to those who are more obsevant especially on a new car they would inspect every inch.

So what how big is the gap, 1"-1.5"?

post #26 of 40 Old 10-04-2013, 04:17 PM

any CLA owners here want to check for the gaps?
post #27 of 40 Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Door gap and more

The door gaps do not look like flaws to me. As a previous poster pointed out, they can be found on $100K+ cars. On my car it looks like it was designed that way on purpose. Its not a quality issue. It may be aesthetically unpleasing to some. It doesn't bother me.

I can't find any "trunk gap" on my car. Not sure where its supposed to be?
post #28 of 40 Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM

So now we really have to determine if this so called door gap is found on every single CLA sold right now. Owners should start chiming in.
post #29 of 40 Old 10-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Yes!

Terry, Master Chief, USN-Retired
2009 SLK 350
2014 CLA 250
post #30 of 40 Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
That gap could be the reason for the road noise too. You can clearly see the sheet metal.
When people say this car is noisy, are they saying "This car is noisy," or are they saying "This Mercedes is noisy."? Meaning, is the car noisy in general, or is it noisy in comparison to other Mercedes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page