CLA 200 check engine light - Page 4 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
When you go into battle (car buying) with the enemy (dealership) you can't afford to be a gentleman.
this is true, you need to be a bit of an a-hole especially since a lot of sales people are trying to get the most out of you. sadly some pay the MSRP plus mark up if there is, and go with it.

we should be negotiating.
omcr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM
AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vracer View Post
Sometimes gentlemen ARE at a disadvantage.
In that case, if you have a GF or wife, send her in to do the talking and once the deal is final, step in and sign the papers hahaha
post #33 of 37 Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I chose a car in between the Jonyride's tank and the CLA200, waiting for 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLC / Small Crossover.
The dealer in my country is serious and responsible. We are few people, we all know. Thank God changed collision course, I received a reasonable deduction from the price of the GLK220.
I think CLA200 failures may be related to the productions on Mondays in the Mercedes-Benz Kecskemt Plant (Hungary) ... after a Gypsy party.
Jorgepun likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 12-14-2013, 12:19 PM

I bought a CLA200 here in Lima Peru 4 weeks ago. Incredibly agile for the small engine, modern, easy to drive, nice looking. Was very happy until in its fourth week and with 470km, the transmission system failed DRASTICALLY. From one drive to the next, suddenly it was almos unable to turn on, and when it did, did not change gears in the automatic transmission, and when it did, it did it with a "thump", after it eventually would erratically get to 6th automatic gear, if you stopped at a light, and wanted to acelerate again, it would not go down in gear again, so even if you pressed the gas, the car would barely move because it would remain in sixth instead of going back to a lower gear. Could not operate manual mode or sports transmission. Went directly to the dealer. Ahh the engine light came on AFTER the general failure, not before. After 24 hours, they were able to tell me that it seemed to be a sensor that senses the position of the crankshaft (sensor de ciguenal in spanish). No new sensor in stock yet (this model has just made it to lima in the last 5 months), so instead of waiting to order the peice, they said they are going to take if from another unowned CLA to replace my peice and probably order the part for that car. Anyway this would take a couple of extra days. 4 days so far. I have recieved a nice test drive mercedes until they can return mine to me, but I am still very worried because of the severe malfunction suffered with less than 500km or 4 weeks since new. I am worried that it may malfunction again, and wanted to know if it is a general or common defect in this model, and that is why I looked up this CLA forum and came across the comment from the CLA owner in Chile with supposedly a similar problem. Wanted to know if any other CLA owners have experienced this malfunction and what has happened after it was repaired, or if other CLA200 owners have gone extra miles on the car with no problem.
post #35 of 37 Old 12-14-2013, 12:58 PM

"omcr", I just read that the engine light supposedly indicating crankshaft sensor failure also acted up on your new replacement CLA, so 2 times in 2 new CLA200, both in less than 1000km, like my case at 470km. In your case was the problem only the engine light and that diagnosis? or did your general transmission "collapse" like mine?
I read on this list someone asking why the sensor fails if it "just sits there"... hahaha.... This sensor seems to read where the crankshaft is positioned in the gear, how fast it is rotating, and probably sends this info to the computer that decides what moment to change gears, so without the sensor, the car cant "think" and the automatic transmission fails to work correctly. Well, knowing it has happened two times to the same person in Chile, worries me, because I will be asking myself when it will act up again. If it does again, it would probably be during its warranty, so I would probably have to negotiate an unlimited guarantee on that problem or problems resulting from it if it keeps acting up. Imagine the costs if this defect were to happen out of guarantee. Ofcourse, even if I do get an extended or unlimited guarantee, it would be unacceptable to have your car fail drastically every 500-900km. Having to get it to the dealer while the engine suffers getting there. Calling a tow truck is another option to not damage the engine, but that would mean having to suddenly stop your schedule, wait for the tow truck, and end up without a car again.
I would suppose that if this happens to most people with the CLA200, and there is an adecuate solution, they would have to recall all the cars before most people with the CLA encounter this problem?
post #36 of 37 Old 12-14-2013, 05:08 PM

Wow. I wonder if it's only the CLA200 that has this problem. So far my CLA250 has been fine... knock on wood.. with about 1500 miles on it in almost 2 months.
omcr likes this.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #37 of 37 Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 AM

The car engine chip could be damage or due to a technical error notification light got lighten up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page