Design Comparison: 2013 Mercedes CLA vs. 2013 Acura ILX - Page 2 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 Old 02-18-2014, 12:01 AM

I am an Acura lover through and through. Until I put the order in for my CLA I only ever considered owning Acuras. (Right now I have a 93 Legend coupe and, previously, an Integra GSR, couple of other Legends, and an RL, as well as almost every type of other Acura model in my extended family.) That being said, there is zero comparison to the CLA for the ILX in my book. Acura's design team has seriously missed the mark in recent years (perhaps the new NSX excluded, though I don't think its long-term beauty will come close to that of the original NSX body style). The ILX is just boring. It lacks anything exceptional or eye catching. What was Acura thinking with getting rid of the TSX for this? Seriously, it boggles my mind.

Last edited by CLAX88X; 02-18-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAX88X View Post
I am an Acura lover through and through. Until I put the order in for my CLA I only ever considered owning Acuras. (Right now I have a 93 Legend coupe and, previously, an Integra GSR, couple of other Legends, and an RL, as well as almost every type of other Acura model in my extended family.) That being said, there is zero comparison to the CLA for the ILX in my book. Acura's design team has seriously missed the mark in recent years (perhaps the new NSX excluded, though I don't think its long-term beauty will come close to that of the original NSX body style). The ILX is just boring. It lacks anything exceptional or eye catching. What was Acura thinking with getting rid of the TSX for this? Seriously, it boggles my mind.
I agree with you on the ILX.

Like every new Acura, it's over priced, any time I would buy a newer acura is when it hits the used market.

I rather spend a bit more and get a CLA over the ILX.
post #13 of 31 Old 02-18-2014, 01:58 PM

I see no resemblance, luckily

CLA45 AMG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 Old 02-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
I see no resemblance, luckily
Me neither. The ILX is just lame. And for me to say that, we know it's gotta be baaaaaad.
post #15 of 31 Old 02-18-2014, 10:54 PM

Imho, all the new acuras are fugly

CLA45 AMG
post #16 of 31 Old 02-19-2014, 02:30 PM

they axed the tsx and tl now for the new tlx
post #17 of 31 Old 02-19-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
Imho, all the new acuras are fugly
I agree, they went over board. By far my favorite are the 2nd gen legend and 3rd gen TL.
post #18 of 31 Old 02-19-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCLAssy View Post
I agree, they went over board. By far my favorite are the 2nd gen legend and 3rd gen TL.
Add 1st gen NSX to that list, and I agree with you 100%!
post #19 of 31 Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 PM

I've always felt that Acuras were Hondas with some leather and velour. I never felt they were "true" luxury cars in the sense of the German three of Lexus/Infiniti. Nor were their looks all that better than Honda. To Acura's credit though, their cars are more fun and sporty than Lexus or Infiniti. But I would never buy an Acura for luxury or looks. For a fun car that's better than a basic yes. I guess Acura strikes me as kind of where Mercury was in the Ford lineup. Not a full on luxury car Lincoln (though that itself is debatable) but more high end than the base Ford.

I'll be honest, other than the old TL and Integra, Acuras don't do much for me. I've never driven the NSX so I can't really comment on that other than the usual lust for a supercar.
post #20 of 31 Old 02-21-2014, 01:29 PM

The NSX was probably the only sexy Acura ever built

Both 1st and 2nd generation are still very nice looking designs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page