CLA 250 vs Volvo S60 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 68
(Thread Starter)
CLA 250 vs Volvo S60

Volvo S60 T5 MSRP 32400.00
Type: Turbocharged 5 cyl
Power :
250 hp @ 5,500 rpm
Dimensions:
Length: 182.2 in
Height: 58.4 in
Width: 73.4 in

MB CLA 250 MSRP 29900.00
Engine2.0L turbo-4
Power208 hp @ 5,500 rpm
Dimensions:
Length 182.3 in
Height 56.6 in
Width 80.0 in w/ mirrors
jboomer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 186
IMO, Volvo always did a horrible job with design, never liked most of their designs and the new S60 is no different. Plus for almost the same price of that S60, I rather have a CLA 250 4Matic!
fastlane is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Tonyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 927
Huge difference is the fuel economy for those who cares about that. Although no published numbers yet for the CLA, it has been estimated that it will be around 40 mpg combined. That's much better than the 25 mpg for the S60 T5.
Tonyride is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyride View Post
Huge difference is the fuel economy for those who cares about that. Although no published numbers yet for the CLA, it has been estimated that it will be around 40 mpg combined. That's much better than the 25 mpg for the S60 T5.
Good point, getting the best MPG possible is huge these days especially when the difference is as big as this. I rather have a sexy CLA that gets 40 MPG than some boring and ugly Volvo that gets 25 MPG.
fastlane is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 68
(Thread Starter)
They have "refreshed" the design on the 2014 MY. Along with new dash layout with changeable active tft display. IIHS Top Safety Pick. AWD optional. Updated "sensus" to be touch screen with wifi. Sensus is Volvo's name for MB Command just FYI.
I have a 2012 S60 now and get just about 33 highway MPG.
Also a HUGE difference in fuel tank capacity
S60 17.8 gal
CLA 13.2 gal
Hmm here is a thought am I trying to convince myself or you guys lol
jboomer is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Tonyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboomer View Post
They have "refreshed" the design on the 2014 MY. Along with new dash layout with changeable active tft display. IIHS Top Safety Pick. AWD optional. Updated "sensus" to be touch screen with wifi. Sensus is Volvo's name for MB Command just FYI.
I have a 2012 S60 now and get just about 33 highway MPG.
Also a HUGE difference in fuel tank capacity
S60 17.8 gal
CLA 13.2 gal
Hmm here is a thought am I trying to convince myself or you guys lol
I do like the larger fuel tank but the difference in fuel economy may make it a wash.
Tonyride is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 68
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
Good point, getting the best MPG possible is huge these days especially when the difference is as big as this. I rather have a sexy CLA that gets 40 MPG than some boring and ugly Volvo that gets 25 MPG.
I would be surprised if the CLA 4matic gets 40 mpg. In any case I totally agree the CLA is a really hot looking car. I personally prefer the CLA style over the C class. Which is why I am interested in the CLA even tho my fully config price on the CLA is more than a well equipped C class
jboomer is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313
volvos have no sex appeal
booker is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 34
It's not the brand of the car, it's how you drive it? Nope, that doesn't really work..
ViceCity is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,235
interesting a 5 cylinder.

someone wanted to be unique.
brianch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome