Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Few things I notice.
- From the picture, it looks like the M is a true coupe, which for me is a no deal. I love the idea of a coupe, but to be honest it's too impractical. I'd rather it just be a two seater and save the 100 kilos in weight by dumping the prison seats in the back
- It's RWD so likely more fun just from there
- Unless the M is bigger, I would've expected it to be more lighter since it only has two doors and no transfer case
- The kidney grilles that I've always hated look nicer in this car
- Can't tell well from the picture, but the M looks like it's got a square rear. Hopefully it won't look as bad as the 1-series because of that (which looks like the middle got chopped out)
Personally, I'd still go for the CLA. I don't like how BMWs look in general. Even though generally they are more fun to drive, the difference isn't usually enough for me to want an uglier car. And there's an inherient psychotic fun AMG builds into their cars that you just don't find in M or RS.