Porsche Macan vs CLA - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigeasy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-13-2013, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Porsche Macan vs CLA

Been looking for something in the $40's that was sporty, different looking and got good gas mileage. I still like the CLA best but this beast (in diesel) will have alot of what I am looking for in a car...

The new Porsche Macan. Life, intensified.
holding likes this.
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Porsche : Cayenne S CPO 2012 Porsche Cayenne S White Black Bose Nav 19 Wheels Xenon P Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-11-2013 07:30 PM
Porsche : Cayenne AWD 4dr Tipt ONE OWNER CPO CAYENNE LOW MILES Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-06-2013 10:21 PM
Porsche : Cayenne Turbo FACTORY CERTIFIED 2012 CAYENNE TURBO LOADED PREM PLUS Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-03-2013 11:00 PM
Porsche : Cayenne Base Sport Utility 4-Door LOADED RIGHT RIG WONT LAST SUPERIOR NICE Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 10-30-2013 12:30 AM
Maria Sharapova & Porsche, Maserati Alfa 4C Rival, Mercedes CLA (FastLaneDaily) MERC New 2014+ Mercedes CLA Videos 6 04-29-2013 11:35 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeasy View Post
Been looking for something in the $40's that was sporty, different looking and got good gas mileage. I still like the CLA best but this beast (in diesel) will have alot of what I am looking for in a car...

The new Porsche Macan. Life, intensified.
Umm . . . it's not really a car. It's a crossover. It's using the Q5 platform. So it's basically to compete with the Evoque and GLK. Not really a car. I think a Forester's more of a car than a "true" crossover, whatever that is. And if it's priced like a Porsche, you'd probably have to get to the mid 60s to be decent. ****, the Panamera didn't come with a rear wiper in some markets.

One thing I find interesting is how VW keeps on poaching on its own territory. Why have Porsche build a car competing with Audi? Then again, VW's doing pretty good, so I guess fighting yourself in the mirror works.

Personally if I was looking at the Macan, I'd go with the Evoque. At the high 40s to mid 50s (which the Macan probably is north of) if I was going to buy a SUV or crossover I'd want it to be able to go offroad. The Macan's pretty, but I bet it won't do well offroad. Porsche should build an SUV off of the Tuareg. That'd be a great SUV.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-14-2013, 12:56 AM

Macan vs CLA, these can't even be compared LOL it's more like Macan vs GLA. Porsche needs to start making a smaller car to rival the CLA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-14-2013, 05:19 PM

The Macan Turbo S is apparently 400hp
post #5 of 6 Old 11-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Yeah, but how much does it weigh? And does it have low range? And if it's got that much power (and it's called a Turbo S) then it probably is just a fancy crossover for those who consider driving through a puddle off roading. It would be great if Porsche could create a rival to Land Rover, the Land Cruiser, and Grand Cherokee, though then again the market just isn't there for SUVs that can actually go offroad.

I bet it'll sell good though. I mean I remember when the Cayenne (and Cayman, and Boxster, and Panamera) came out and all the 911 worshippers went ballistic that there could ever exist such a thing as a Porsche without a rear mounted engine, forgetting about the 928, 924, and all those other Porsches that had normal engine placements. The Cayenne does very well, so I bet this car will do fine too.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-14-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Yeah it is, and likely we'll see power in the range of 350 to the wheels, it would be sweet of it's AWD. AWD + 350 WHP + lightweight SUV = win
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page