two things happened today.. (park button danger and distronic danger) - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 02-20-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
two things happened today.. (park button danger and distronic danger)

1st..
I know in many places its been told but had to try it. Just picked up my mail and got in my car and just started the motion, I mean barely started moving and I hit the park button.. DUDE!!! THAT WAS A HARD I MEAN HAAARD BREAK!! It wasn't like a break, it was like a locking mechanism of the engine initiated while its still turning. with a very loud, scary metal hitting metal sound.. I was shocked.. Soo.. I'd say, don't do it. I was very slow too.. I hope I didn't break anything..
2nd..
I enjoy my drivers assistance package and I'm amazed with every feature in it. Today something important happened and I loved the car's instincts about to warn me. So my car matches the car in front of me at the city traffic, slows, stops, goes again etc..love it. So we are coming closer to the lights, bunch of cars already lined up, right before we were about to stop, car in front of me changes a lane and slides to the next lane.. My car was just about the stop by itself but since the car in front of me disappeared, takes off again to reach set cruise speed and didn't detect the car in front who was not in motion. Then collision assist starts beeping and I hit the break and we stopped.. So it was an experience.. If collision assist was off or not operational, could've been accident caused by distronic plus.. Technology is there but be careful using it. Wanted to share.

CLA45 now..
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
push button start / keyless entry bobthebeachbum New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 8 02-26-2014 03:55 PM
Park Assist on left side? bobthebeachbum New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 3 10-14-2013 09:47 PM
Video about CLA-Class DISTRONIC PLUS claNOW Engine and Technical Discussion 0 07-02-2013 12:40 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 PM

Wow that's good to hear and scary at the same time about drivers assistance. Hope people don't get lazy with it.
musician likes this.
post #3 of 29 Old 02-20-2014, 09:13 PM

That locking mechanism was your transmission frowning.

CLA45 AMG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 02-20-2014, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
man that didn't sound good.. thats probably a bad thing right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
That locking mechanism was your transmission frowning.

CLA45 now..
post #5 of 29 Old 02-21-2014, 11:19 AM

Unfortunately the technology is never going to be perfect unless every car and truck on the road has the capability to talk to each other ( which will never happen) with that being said do not depend on distronic system to make decisions for you, I don't have Distronic on mine but I do have the blind spot assist and if the light comes on in the mirror I still look over my shoulder before changing lanes and don't trust it as it will go off even no one is there.
post #6 of 29 Old 02-21-2014, 03:08 PM

if you guys have the time, you might want to watch this video on when cars will talk to each other:

post #7 of 29 Old 02-21-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFan View Post
if you guys have the time, you might want to watch this video on when cars will talk to each other:

What Will Happen When Cars Talk To Each Other? -- AFTER/DRIVE - YouTube
My 1954 Chevy truck and my friends street rods will never talk to another car or truck I can guarantee that which is why this will never work.
post #8 of 29 Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 PM

No car should allow the driver to put the vehicle in park while wheels are in rotation.
musician likes this.

CLA45 AMG
post #9 of 29 Old 02-25-2014, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
DUDEEEEE!!!!! OMG I'M GONNA PUNCH THIS PARK BUTTON IN THE FACE!! Foggy morning in Texas, going to get some tacos, put it in reverse and coming out of my carport, very humid so I wanted to start the vipers by CLICKING THE F...KING PARK BUTTON AGAIN!!!!!!!! GAAAWWWDDDD!!!..
anyway.. I'm calm now. thanks guys..

CLA45 now..
post #10 of 29 Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musician View Post
DUDEEEEE!!!!! OMG I'M GONNA PUNCH THIS PARK BUTTON IN THE FACE!! Foggy morning in Texas, going to get some tacos, put it in reverse and coming out of my carport, very humid so I wanted to start the vipers by CLICKING THE F...KING PARK BUTTON AGAIN!!!!!!!! GAAAWWWDDDD!!!..
anyway.. I'm calm now. thanks guys..
that sucks big time. might be time to take it to the dealer, see what they can do abut it
musician likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page