Edition 1 "Launch Edition" Pictures - Finally Got Mine! - Page 3 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 Old 10-03-2013, 05:29 AM

lol just picked my edition 1 today at fletcher. everyone was waiting for me not to buy so they could. This car looks awesome, got it for my wife. I placed a grand down for the CLA45AMG configured for about $57k dealer says will take 4-6 months they are behind. The edition one is cool but still not use to the eco drive that shuts the engine off, you would have to wait till engine is one then slowly gas or you will always peel out due to lag of power if you drive like normal. Paid sticker for the car at $41,825 but had a $500 coupon due to going to a CLA event in OC, they emailed the voucher and I was able to claim so maybe I am the only one who actually paid $41,325 they took it off my msrp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 AM

Here are pics of the Edition one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3203.jpg (245.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3205.jpg (222.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3209.jpg (254.2 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3204.jpg (233.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3208.jpg (207.4 KB, 55 views)
Tonyride likes this.
post #23 of 33 Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM

I took another test drive yesterday but this time I brought my wife along and test drove one with the sports package (last time I test drove one with the 17" wheels) to see if I can get use to the stiffer ride. Prior to the test drive we spent some time in the showroom with the saleswoman checking out the Edition 1 they have on the floor. I looked at some of the criticisms people mentioned like the interior door gaps, no folding rear arm rest, low headroom in the back, etc. Compared to the rest of the car and seeing the car as a whole those things are minor. Definitely not deal breakers. Of course if I want to play dirty I can bring out those flaws when negotiations get nasty. After checking out just about every inch of the car and asking a ton of questions we finally went for the test drive. The difference between the 17" and 18" wheels are definitely noticeable but not terrible. I can definitely live with it. After the test drive we spent some time on the lot and the saleswoman went over some of the features and controls in the car. She was very informative and helpful. My wife didn't want to test drive it so she just sat in the back seat. When we left the dealership without the saleswoman there I asked for her honest opinion of how it felt sitting in the back seat and the car in general. We're not big people so the back seat wasn't an issue for her at all and she felt pretty comfortable sitting in the back seat. As for the car in general she absolutely loves the Edition 1. I give her credit for not gushing over it at the dealership in front of the saleswoman and give her the upper hand. So it looks like we'll probably end up getting the Edition 1 but I'm playing hard to get. They have all my contact info so I'm waiting for them to call me before I make an offer. BTW, I refuse to pay sticker. I never have and if I can help it I never will. However, if they absolutely will not budge on the price then Ill ask for some freebies but either way Im prepared to pay sticker if I have to. I'm leaning towards the end of the month to call them since that's the best time of month to buy car as dealers are more anxious to boost their monthly sales figures. If I dont get it this month then Ill try again the next month. If Im daring enough (and my wife lets me wait that long) I might even wait until the end of the year when dealers are even more anxious to boost their yearend numbers. I made sure I didn't wait until I need to get a car before I start shopping for one so I have the luxury of waiting it out and not settle for the first offer.
Giovanni S. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 Old 10-15-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdwn View Post
lol just picked my edition 1 today at fletcher. everyone was waiting for me not to buy so they could. This car looks awesome, got it for my wife. I placed a grand down for the CLA45AMG configured for about $57k dealer says will take 4-6 months they are behind. The edition one is cool but still not use to the eco drive that shuts the engine off, you would have to wait till engine is one then slowly gas or you will always peel out due to lag of power if you drive like normal. Paid sticker for the car at $41,825 but had a $500 coupon due to going to a CLA event in OC, they emailed the voucher and I was able to claim so maybe I am the only one who actually paid $41,325 they took it off my msrp.
thanks for the input with the lag of the eco drive mode. Was wondering how it would be.

Quote:
Here are pics of the Edition one
Looks sweet, so jealous....
post #25 of 33 Old 10-20-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the eco start/stop isn't as smooth as some of the competition's, but thankfully there's a button to turn it off.
post #26 of 33 Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM

Gave me the biggest smile ever
post #27 of 33 Old 10-28-2013, 01:12 PM

noise level

Hi,

I have driven a cla a couple of times. It seems to have a lot of road noise. Anyone else notice it.

Jeff
post #28 of 33 Old 11-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarratt View Post
Hi,

I have driven a cla a couple of times. It seems to have a lot of road noise. Anyone else notice it.

Jeff
That's a loaded question. "A lot of road noise" compared to what?

It helps if you give a frame of reference.
post #29 of 33 Old 11-04-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
That's a loaded question. "A lot of road noise" compared to what?

It helps if you give a frame of reference.
it must be a bigger vehicle, usually it's people coming from a bigger engine car that say this. V6, V8 or bigger
post #30 of 33 Old 11-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFan View Post
it must be a bigger vehicle, usually it's people coming from a bigger engine car that say this. V6, V8 or bigger
Frame of reference is everything when it comes to cars. The CLA sits lower and has a little bit more rigidity. It's built more for stability and sportiness rather than quietness and comfort, IMO. It's bound to bring in a good amount of noise but it might not be that noticeable to those used to driving similar performance coupes in the segment
BenzFan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page