It's arrived! - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It's arrived!

White, Ash MBTex, premium, multimedia, pan roof, park assist
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20131222_010.jpg (160.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20131222_005.jpg (184.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20131216_002.jpg (106.8 KB, 75 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-22-2013, 04:44 PM

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 10:36 AM

sweet! congrats~!

so what is first on the to do list?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The car arrived right in the middle of a very busy time of the year, so I still haven't mastered the phone and navigation yet. I've driven it only about 500 miles, including a 250 mile mostly highway round trip and got only 33.5 mpg, on Eco mode. Hope this improves. The car looks and drives awesome, and I love the white/Ash MBTex combo.

Some early initial observations:
With the pan sunroof, you lose the sunglass holder and passenger assist handles overhead. The glove box is miniscule.
The radio has only 10 presets for XM, and reverts back to the first set station as a default each time rather than staying where it was previously set.
When on the phone, the screen does not return automatically to the prior display of audio or nav. after a call.
Lots of water, mud, etc. gets under the doors onto the lower sill when driving in bad weather. There are no leaks, however, but it means wiping it off frequently if you don't want to see this, which is worse with a white car. No big deal however.
Where are the front fog lamps on the exterior? The controls are there as is the rear fog lamp, but I don't see anything activated up front.
It's annoying reading the manuals and finding it was written generically with references to items not found on US CLA models, and sometime not even for CLA's.
The car really would benefit aesthetically with black window trim rather than chrome, and maybe also on the rear roof of cars with pan sunroof.
The standard 17" wheels look better than what I expected. I was reluctant to get the 18" ones because of the summer tires. It's bad enough not having a spare. Road noise is not so bad, but the ride is definitely hard. No wind noise, however.
The seats are awesome.
I'll be driving the car from Delaware to Florida on New Years, and am looking forward to the experience and learning more about it's operation and character.

Last edited by bobthebeachbum; 12-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebeachbum View Post
got only 33.5 mpg, on Eco mode. Hope this improves.
It should once the engine gets broken in.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 01:12 PM

thats a great color, always love how white CLA's look, my guess is it's one of the most popular colors.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebeachbum View Post
I'll be driving the car from Delaware to Florida on New Years, and am looking forward to the experience and learning more about it's operation and character.
Please share your experience of the trip. We're considering driving to Disney World from NJ next summer.

post #8 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 PM

Hey Tonyride what are these tires your using for the winter..and how have they been doing in the snow?
post #9 of 11 Old 12-23-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace421 View Post
Hey Tonyride what are these tires your using for the winter..and how have they been doing in the snow?
As stated in my signature, I got Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT winter tires. I was out of the country when we got snow and by the time I got back all the snow is gone and the temp reached 71 degrees so I can't say how well these tires are on snow and ice but I did have a set of Blizzaks on my Accord for 4 winters and they are awesome on snow.

post #10 of 11 Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM

The LM60s are very good winter tires.

I've had them on previous cars

Personally I'd pass on the RFT though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page