User Tag List

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tonyride
  • 1 Post By flipstylephoto

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Audi attacks the Mercedes CLA in new A3 promos

"Don't regret your first luxury car. The compromised all-new Audi A3. Starting at $29,900."

Audi takes aim at the Mercedes-Benz CLA in its latest ad, which is possibly a preview of what we could see from the luxury brand during the Superbowl.

The ad claims people drive the BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz CLA because of "peer pressure, friends, and unsolicited e-mail."

Will the Audi A3 really be that much better than the 3-Series and CLA? Should we have waited it out to see?

Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes CLA (AMG) vs Audi A3 (S3) cordovan Mercedes CLA Versus the Competition 18 04-20-2015 12:26 AM
Audi : S6 S6 Avant 2002 Audi S6 Avant Wagon Quattro AWD 4.2L V8 RARE! LOOK! ALL WHEEL Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-01-2013 06:40 PM
CLA vs Audi A3 booker New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 0 10-25-2013 09:11 AM
Mercedes-Benz catches up to Audi and BMW sales in July Salizar New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 4 08-13-2013 04:54 PM
Mercedes CLA vs Audi A4 vs BMW 3 Series BODHI85 Mercedes CLA Versus the Competition 22 04-12-2013 05:47 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-31-2013, 11:12 AM

I didn't buy my CLA due to peer pressure. I got it because I was in the market and early to market has its benefits. Audi is trying to make excuses for being late to market and wants people to wait for late comers. I'm not buying what they're claiming.
dw.metro and flipstylephoto like this.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM

I've always thought of getting a Mercedes...never an Audi. Although some of the S models are quite nice, I'd still chose one of the sexier looking Mercedes equivalents.
dw.metro likes this.

CLA 45 AMG - New Orleans, LA
www.renatoramosjr.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 PM

Meh... Audi cars are still VW with different logos. I don't really think they are innovative enough as the CLA to even compare it. I think they make great cars, but MB won this segment for a long time with the launch of the CLA.

CLA200 Proud Owner
post #5 of 9 Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 AM

Now i wonder what BMW will do once they're ready to release promo material for their rival, the 2 series gran coupe.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 AM

Well, Audi's got to lure all those VW owners up to the higher end VW . . . err, Audis. But peer pressure? Yes, my friend has a Merc so I must get one too so I can be just like them! Then we can all ride down the highway like a motorcycle gang in our Mercs.

Regardless of whether or not the CLA had styling or whatever going for them, it would have sold well anyways since it was the first "cheap" German luxury car. So it's not surprising Audi and BMW will need to hit hard and show up to the dance soon because luxury cars are more of an impulse buy. Those in the market will soon have bought their car or left. The one big consolation for them in they can't build the CLAs fast enough, so if they are lucky there's enough stragglers to grab a foothold.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 AM

Audi is just freaking out because the CLA is breaking all kinds of sales records at Mercedes while their new A3/S3 won't be out for another 3-6 months. That commercial makes it look like they are in panic mode.

Stay classy Audi.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 AM

Audi is soooo late to this party....they really missed the boat on this one!
post #9 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 10:49 AM

unfortunately audi didnt have the benefit of partnering with Nissan to co-dev the platform. BUT SHHH don't tell anyone...

as Tony said above there are benefits to being early to market, obviously you get the early adopter to crowd. BUT, and a big BUT, early adopters make up a miniscule portion of buyers, and often times in the auto industry its second to market that takes the cake home. They've not only had a longer lead time but they're able to analyze the competitors launch, listen to conversations and hone their angle of attack from real world data.

We shall see, its going to be a toss up anyways. The real race is to the bottom, lets see who does a $20K car first

Last edited by booker; 01-06-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page