Check coolant level - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-29-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Check coolant level

Had my car for two years now, ive had a b and a service done (A was done in sept) but this morning while pulling up to work i got a check coolant level and to look at my manual. Ive never seen this msg before and i plan on seeing if it comes on again during my lunch time when i drive home. What are yalls best recommendations? should i myself check out the coolant level and refill. or should i roll it into the dealer and have them fill it and check it. im no longer warranty so i dont see why they would do this for free.
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you check transmission fluid level jamesultsch Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 1 04-22-2018 01:04 AM
Entry level used Mercedes? caj767314922 New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 0 11-07-2016 07:56 AM
Coolant 1234yf to be tested by Germany's automotive governing body mr.smith New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 4 08-13-2013 04:09 PM
CLA banned from sale in France for using old coolant gas ViceCity New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 8 07-12-2013 05:31 PM
In the market for an Entry Level Lux hammerdown New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 7 05-30-2013 11:45 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-29-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
SO i wasnt able to get a response from anyone yet LOL i been told i can put water in it?! how true is this. either way i did not notice the msg come on again and ive turned on the car twice. So right now im not worried about it, but i did look inside when it was cold and the coolant was not over the indicator. does it need to touch the top of the t looking indicator?
post #3 of 4 Old 11-30-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
coolant leak

SO bad news at 47k i have a coolant leak and no longer under mauf warranty. I do however have an extended warranty that does offer alot of coverage. ill be dropping my car off at the dealer for a diag. hopefully its covered under extended warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-21-2020, 05:25 PM

Check coolant level

I know you posted this a long time ago, but the same message just popped up for me too. I have an entry level CLA 250 2014 model and it's around 50K miles. The nearest Mercedes Benz dealership is an hour away from where I live. I'm not asking for any mechanical advice, but did this happen to you during the winter? Ever since I bought this car, it always malfunctions during the winter. Every time I ask the dealership, they always say that everything is fine. Do you have any of the same problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page