Vibration when coming to stop - Page 5 - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 Old 10-08-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoonix View Post
I bought a CLA250 4Matic 2 weeks ago. I noticed the strange vibration since the first day taking it home from the dealer.
At that time, I thought that's because the car's very new and it would disappear the next day or two, but the car continued vibrating everyday. It started bothering me.

One sunny day last week, I was driving my CLA.
It was running nicely until i felt the vibration again, this time it was a bigger one, then suddenly the engine shut off.
My 1 week-old CLA died on the road when I was driving, no power, no response from gas pedal.
Luckily I was able to pull over safely but i couldn't restart the car. so i called roadside service to tow it to the dealership.
I still can't believe what happened to me. It's very dangerous.

If your car's vibrating sometimes, you'd better take it seriously, most likely the vibration is not normal. it could become a huge trouble.
I checked internet and I was surprised to find out there are other people experienced same problems with their CLA250.

Mercedes Cla250 Engine - 2014 MERCEDES CLA250 Problems With Engine

I hope your car's much safer than mine. but if your car's still giving you vibrations, I strongly suggest you to bring it to the dealership and get it checked and repaired when you still have the warranty.
wish you the best.
I'm sorry to hear that but my CLA has been great for 2 years now and over 28,000 miles. Hope everything works out for you but you should have notified the dealer of the issue from day one so it didn't have to come to this dangerous situation. I've purchased many new cars and vibration from anywhere of the car is not normal and that's pretty much common sense. BTW, did you ever test drive it before buying it? If so how did it feel?

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 10-08-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoonix View Post
I bought a CLA250 4Matic 2 weeks ago. I noticed the strange vibration since the first day taking it home from the dealer.
At that time, I thought that's because the car's very new and it would disappear the next day or two, but the car continued vibrating everyday. It started bothering me.

One sunny day last week, I was driving my CLA.
It was running nicely until i felt the vibration again, this time it was a bigger one, then suddenly the engine shut off.
My 1 week-old CLA died on the road when I was driving, no power, no response from gas pedal.
Luckily I was able to pull over safely but i couldn't restart the car. so i called roadside service to tow it to the dealership.
I still can't believe what happened to me. It's very dangerous.

If your car's vibrating sometimes, you'd better take it seriously, most likely the vibration is not normal. it could become a huge trouble.
I checked internet and I was surprised to find out there are other people experienced same problems with their CLA250.

Mercedes Cla250 Engine - 2014 MERCEDES CLA250 Problems With Engine

I hope your car's much safer than mine. but if your car's still giving you vibrations, I strongly suggest you to bring it to the dealership and get it checked and repaired when you still have the warranty.
wish you the best.
My CLA45 has been perfect. No issues whatsoever, other than it getting quite better fuel economy that it is supposed to (if you can call that an issue). Good luck with your repair. Just remember, almost anyone with an issue will post online. But almost no one with a perfectly functioning car will post about it (nor will anyone google "posts about car that runs fine") so I wouldn't just assume this is a common issue. But good luck regardless.
Tonyride likes this.
post #43 of 46 Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
Just remember, almost anyone with an issue will post online. But almost no one with a perfectly functioning car will post about it (nor will anyone google "posts about car that runs fine") so I wouldn't just assume this is a common issue. But good luck regardless.
Good point.

Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Carlsson C-Tronic.
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 Old 06-19-2016, 05:55 PM

Im having the same exact problem with my 2015 CLA 250 6 rotor replacements in 40,000 miles I just changed my tires for the first time at 38,000 miles so if its driving habits why are my tires lasting "they told me the same BS. Im filing a lemon law suit against them this is totally ridiculous! Mercedes doesn't like to admit flaw,
post #45 of 46 Old 10-21-2016, 06:10 PM

Greets folks..
I have posted back in 2013 about a brake vibration problem. I had my rotors replaced under warranty at 10k, and again at 13k.
I am having this problem again at 39K ( now its Oct 2016). And now the dealer refuses to fix this under warranty.
They acknowledge the problem, but want $700 to fix it.
I say, Whiskey Tango...? . Anybody knows if there is a service bulletin out for this issue? I say it is rotor warping or uneven wear, resulting in thickness variation.
So: This car would requires me to spend $700 at least every 24K miles because of the Sucky rotors? That is just lame.
I do not have a problem with normal wear and tear, but this is
just a sucky component. My wife's toyota sienna went 170K miles with a set of rotors. That is what I would expect.
Does anybody know if I can complain to MBUSA? Ultimately, if I get no traction there I am just going to fix it myself, and ultimately
ditch the car, to the tune of $250. Swap the rotors out for high carbon Brembos, and Ceramic pads. I will post the outcome in a week or so.

Last edited by coder; 10-21-2016 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Corrections
post #46 of 46 Old 10-21-2016, 06:16 PM

Hey Bridges, did they swap your rotors under warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page