CLA sounds like it has a flat tire at low speeds. - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2014, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
CLA sounds like it has a flat tire at low speeds.

Hi everyone. A few months back, I bought a CLA 250 4Matic. I love this car but lately it's having an usual problem. At very low speeds, maybe 3-5mpg, coming from a stop but only when the wheel is turned left or right, it sounds as if one of the rear tires is flat. The car also feels like it's shuddering a little bit, but only at this low speed. That's the best way I can describe it; either that or there is something on the tire that is causing this noise. I have checked and rechecked all four tires and there is absolutely nothing on them and they are not flat. One you start driving a little fast, there is no noise at all.

I have also brought the car to the dealer 3 times and each time they cannot find anything wrong with it. The first two times I brought it in, I was able to replicate the noise but the third time, I was not.

The first time I brought it in, the tech thought it was the transmission adaptation, and they reset it, but unfortunately that wasn't it. I'm at a complete loss as to what this could be. It is really driving me crazy as the car didn't always do this.

Has anyone experienced this?
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz CLA Factory is Running Low Zeus New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 2 12-16-2013 09:02 PM
225-40-R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Run Flat Tires Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 11-23-2013 02:40 PM
Relatively low HP for the CLA250 Tonyride New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 27 11-02-2013 06:55 AM
Wiil your replace OEM summer tires with A/S run flat or regular tires? NewMercOwner New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 4 10-28-2013 01:29 PM
The Sounds of Formula 1 in 2014. According to Mercedes-Benz AMG BenzFan Mercedes CLA Lounge 1 08-06-2013 05:13 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-28-2015, 09:35 PM

I am not saying your problem is necessarily the same as mine, but worth a check...

One of my Pirelly run-flats recently developed a side bulge.

I would not have even noticed it except I was checking the tire pressures.
The same tire is making a bit of a noise similar to the noise the wear bars would make on a worn tire.

Check your sidewalls for any bulges.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 AM

Nope, nothing like that. I do know the auto does get flummoxed at low speeds every now and then, shifting too slowly or holding revs too long. That said, while I can feel many different issues and sensations in cars and can tell the difference, I've never had a flat so I do not know if what I feel is similar to what you feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page