Parking Sensors Problem _ MB cant fix it - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Parking Sensors Problem _ MB cant fix it

Hi All,

My CLA has a major problem with parking sensors, for example:

1. Slowing down at a junction or anywhere for that matter and front parking sensors go off, even if nothing is infront of me.

2. I put my car in reverse and the parking sensor is going off multiple times, even though there is nothing around me. On some odd occasions it does work though.

Both of the above happen in any weather conditions.

Have taken into MB and they have re-alligned the number plate and that did not fix it and also put a new grill in with no results. They have no idea of the causes and also now want to send it to Germany! for a rebuilt on the front etc!

Anyone heard/experienced or have any ideas?

Cheers!
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz : C-Class 4dr Coupe CLA250 FWD GPS grey leather parking sensors premium Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 04-28-2014 06:21 PM
Part problem micksoup82 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 2 02-22-2014 08:26 PM
Ambient lighting problem. TheBluetac Problems & Solutions 3 10-29-2013 07:39 AM
Sensors on front grille dbtk New 2014+ CLA General Discussion Forum 8 10-28-2013 05:19 PM
problem ordering ernster Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC 6 06-25-2013 12:07 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-12-2014, 03:20 AM

The MB STAR system, when it made its debut, was much more capable because it was PC-based (IBM T30 laptop), but it was also very versatile

because it incorporated a HHT emulation mode (for backward compatibility) along with a "multiplexer" intermediate unit between the PC and the car,

which allowed the connection of a variety of different diagnostic connection cables, depending on which diagnostic system the car in question happened

to use. For the oldest cars (i.e. the C126, early R129 SL models, early W124s and W140s, etc.) a "four-pin" diagnostic cable was provided. For second-

generation cars, such as the E500E, 400E/E420, middle and later R129s, middle and later W140s, the familiar "38-pin" plug is provided. There are also

OBD-2 interface cables for model year 1996 and later cars, as well as a 14-pin cable for European diagnostic systems. All of these cables allow the

combination of the MB STAR with the in-line multiplexer unit to fully interface with any particular car's computers.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2014, 08:04 AM

It's the number plate plinth

It's deffinatley the number plate plinth, after 13 months mercedes have removed mine and the problem has been resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page