CLA AUDIO 20, Mercedes Apps - Mercedes CLA Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2016, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy CLA AUDIO 20, Mercedes Apps

Hi

I imported a CLA from Germany to Switzerland about a month ago. I bought the car from a dealer as it is not brand new but only 10 months old. When I purchased the car the dealer showed me the Audio 20 and Mercedes apps including Facebook, google, weather, IP Radio etc...

After bringing the car to Switzerland and connecting it to my iphone, even with Bluetooth tethering, I can no longer have access to any of Mercedes Apps. The system gets connected to the internet for sure, because it shows a progress bar when establishing the connection but then a message comes up on the screen saying "Mercedes Benz Apps currently unavailable"! This is the same with IP Radio.

At the same time I cannot get to the car details through Mercedes Me (I didn't check this before buying the car but the dealer said from 2015 all cars are equipped with this facility.

I took the car to the a local dealer, they activated Mercedes Me but I still can't get access to the car details such as tyre pressure, fuel level etc... and of course I still cannot access to the internet apps.

I took the car for the second time to another local dealer and after a day of investigation, they said my car was not equipped with Mercedes apps!!!!!

I explained to them that the apps were working in Germany and how the car is not equipped now but they had no answer.

I have the following theories:

1- Since it is a German car, it only works with a German SIM card perhaps?

2- The service is expired in these guys have no clue how to reactivate it again?

3- When I took it to them for the first time, they might have changed some settings or downgraded the software?

Has anyone have such experience or do you have any suggestions for me please?

Some extra points to observe:

1- The car is equipped with SOS button connected as I pressed it by mistake and in a few seconds a lady from other side started talking to me in German!

2- The car gets connected to the internet via tethering to my iphone since I see the message "Establishing an internet connection..." message on the screen and I see also one active connection in my iphone screen.

Any suggestions or view is highly appreciated.

Kind regards

CLA AMG LINE 2015
Enjoy this discussion? You might also enjoy ...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz : CLA-Class 45AMG NAV+RR CAM+HTD SEATS+HRE WHLS+CARBON FIBER+JL AUDIO+T Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 06-25-2015 07:23 PM
Mercedes-Benz : CLA-Class 45AMG NAV+RR CAM+HTD SEATS+HRE WHLS+CARBON FIBER+JL AUDIO+T Mercedes CLA Parts Mercedes CLA Items for Sale on Ebay Classifieds 0 05-30-2015 04:58 PM
Audio video intefase cconcepcion Exterior and Interior 0 09-20-2014 10:44 PM
Audio 20 Video Interface shazada Exterior and Interior 3 09-20-2014 10:13 PM
closeup of the Mercedes CLA climate and audio controls / center console brianch Exterior and Interior 2 02-05-2013 01:23 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2016, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi

I haven't received any feedback from here. Meanwhile I heard back from Mercedes themselves so I thought to share it here in case other people have the same problem. Apparently Mercedes has removed all its apps from Mercedes app store for the time being. They are working on some issues and to re introduce the apps in the next few months. Those who had the apps can continue using them but others have to wait.

The same thing with Mercedes Me. They will make the full Mercedes Me control available in the next few months at a subscription. The basic service is already available and works but remote management of car will be available in few month.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

CLA AMG LINE 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page