Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2014 BMW will be bringing out a 2014 2 series coupe and cabriolet and eventually a gran coupe which will directly compete with the Mercedes CLA and other compact performance coupes.

information on the 2 series is very limited at the time this thread was created but here's whats known so far...

2014 BMW 2-series gran coupe specifications:

Engine: turbocharged four-cylinder engines & inline 6 engines
Drivetrain: RWD (Rear wheel drive)
Transmission Options: six speed manual & eight-speed automatic (gran coupe may only get automatic)
Power: Up to 350-hp (M2 Gran Coupe?)

2014 BMW 2 series gran coupe pictures

·
Registered
238 Posts
Apparently this BMW 2 series coupe compact will be sharing the same chassis/platform as the 1 series coupe which both has some underpins of the 3 series. The M2 will be a turbocharged engine like the others but producing close to 360 bhp which is almost if no the same as the CLA 45 AMG. But there are no plans for a 4 wheel drive but instead BMW might pump out a 3 cylinder engine. Interesting... So they will have a combination of powertrain options 3,4,6. I guess theyre only missing 5 but thats more of a Volvo trademark ;)

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
If Pontiac still existed, this would be the new G8. Yuck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The CLA vs 2 Series will be the fight come next year, if the 2 Series can price be priced competitively. I think both look beautiful, with a slight edge to CLA. People will dismiss the base FWD model against the RWD BMW. The 4Matic will be the one to beat.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The CLA vs 2 Series will be the fight come next year, if the 2 Series can price be priced competitively. I think both look beautiful, with a slight edge to CLA. People will dismiss the base FWD model against the RWD BMW. The 4Matic will be the one to beat.
Seeing how they will target new customers to the brand and people looking for a very affordable BMW or Mercedes, it will be the basemodels that will have a lot to prove.

Pricing will have to be right as well as powertrains, i think the BMW might have a bit more luck since it probably starts as a RWD vehicle unlike the CLA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts