Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Presenting the all-new 2014 CLA45 AMG, an all-wheel drive rocket powered by a hand-built turbocharged four-cylinder pumping out 355-hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. Have an up-close look at all its spectacular details in this product manager walk around, and see it in person at your local dealer this fall.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The rear looks so massive on the AMG model. They should have made the exhaust tips polished instead of black.

Do you think because of the high powered turbo that the engine and turbo are not going to last long?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually never knew dual clutch was only available in the SLS and CLA. I swear other models have dual clutch...

As for the durability we really won't know. 26 PSI is really high.. But if the engine is well built it should last - how long? We will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Too bad we can't get the carbon trim on the non AMG model. I would love the AMG interior on the CLA 250 4Matic.

The recaro seats look much nicer than the regular 250 seats.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. I don't think they will offer the CLA 45 AMG interior on a regular CLA 250. There is a AMG edition 250 but it doesnt look like the 45 AMG.

You could always get the seats and trim kit separately from mercedes parts stores. You will probably end up spending a ton though. Might as well just get the CLA 45 :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
seems like everything is optional. i preordered mine. I am really going to have to sit down and go through this order when time comes. Kinda sucks. What did he mean about that steering wheel being optioal. Isnt that the AMG steering wheel? does the AMG model give you anything beside the more HP? I want to see where this price takes me when the time comes

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea he wasn't very clear on it. I thought that steering wheel was standard. I would think most things on the AMG model are standard. I guess we will have to wait and see..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts