Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Drive 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 - Test Review 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 - Road & Track

Like the Volkswagen Golf R's Haldex system, 4Matic can in theory deliver nearly 100 percent of available torque to the rear axle. But in the real world, 4Matic CLAs are front-drivers until the wheels slip, which they almost never do. Torque steer is virtually nonexistent on the two-wheel-drive car, and a pseudo-torque-vectoring function brakes the front wheels individually to help the car pivot into corners.
Another reference to 100% of the power being able to go into the rear.

The sole engine is a 2.0-liter turbo four developing 208 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It's mated to a mandatory seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Zero to 62 mph in 6.7 seconds
They got to drive one?

·
Registered
945 Posts
happy to see a reliable source like Road & Track report that 100% of the power can be sent to the rear wheels of the CLA, much better than what I was originally expecting, which was a front wheel drive bias system.

Nearly no torque steer is also a plus.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
And yet Mercedes-Benz themselves insist only 50% can go to the rear.....

Who do you trust more?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard a few different numbers. I wonder where people are referencing it from because its confusing as heck. Didn't know the system is related to the Golf R - or is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts