Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Published on Apr 22, 2013
On this episode of ignition, Frank Markus heads to Saint Tropez to test out the CLA, which is Mercedes-Benz's brand new entry into the youth market. The idea sounds fraught with danger: another sub-$30,000 Benz, this time with a 2.0l 208hp transverse engine, 258 lb-ft of torque, and a front-wheel drivetrain. Will this new entry level kinder-Benz find the same fate as C230 sport coupe from several years ago, or is this a completely new philosophy on an entry level luxury car?

Reviewer is skeptical about the success of the car. Very nice footage of the CLA in the video though. Never seen this guy on MotorTrend before. Not very interesting to watch.

5'11" and his head rubs the back!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That was a good piece. Very informative. I can't wait to test drive the CLA 250 and the 45 AMG back to back.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is possibly the best video review I have seen for the Mercedes CLA. He definietly spent a lot of time giving you the details of the CLA. The exhaust note is engaging and could bring in interest in different crowds young or old. I wonder what height you will have to be to sit in the rear comfortably.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Seeing how the Edition 1 interior looks like in the video it's not as bad as i thought it would be from the pictures. the light green accents are a nice contrast to the black leather interior. One thing for sure it not too overwhelming for the eyes. I love how the CLA 250 engine sounds, even at low speeds the engine could be heard I just wished he punched it a bit more on the throttle.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Seeing how the Edition 1 interior looks like in the video it's not as bad as i thought it would be from the pictures. the light green accents are a nice contrast to the black leather interior. One thing for sure it not too overwhelming for the eyes. I love how the CLA 250 engine sounds, even at low speeds the engine could be heard I just wished he punched it a bit more on the throttle.
The CLA Edition 1 package is nice, but I think it can be better, the Edition 1 CLA Hatch in Europe looks way better IMO. From the exterior colors to the interior scheme.

The Edition 1 package is only being produced for a year, hopefully the year after we get a package as nice as the one on the hatch sold in Europe

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if I like the review that much. I can tell there are many things he can't talk about.

I really do not think the CLA will be taking business away from the GTi. He needs to talk more about how the car drives rather then the specifications and the cars place in the market.

The CLAs place in the market depends on how it drives and how reliable it is..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great video. Still not loving the nav screen though. Otherwise it looks great.

The criticism about not good for long distance driving for full adults does have me a bit worried. They imply this car isn't so good for older drivers but tailored towards younger folk.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I liek the way he perceived the CLA and the segment its in. A good way to think about how the CLA would possibly affect the other competitors in the closer categories. This would be great for those who want to understand the cost involved in the CLA and how to get the most of it looking at what other vehicles you can possibly get in that price range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts