Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially, the design idea of the 4-door coupe was to mimic the look of the Mercedes CLS which had no B-pillar. This may seem like a minor thing, but it is not. When all the glass is down a car with no B-pillar has a very distinctive sporty look that is also elegant. Mercedes did produce cars with this design.

What are the possibilities of Mercedes releasing an actual 2 door coupe CLA?

Here is a look at a rendering of a Mercedes 2 door Coupe

How does it look compared to the four door model? Would you buy the 2 door coupe?

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I think there would be a good possibility that a two door coupe model might be for release in the future. I'd imagine Mercedes would keep an eye on the sales of the CLA first and then decide which direction they would want to go. And then if it does get released I can also see a AMG coupe model as well.

Personally, I don't like the looks of a coupe. I think the overall look goes better with the four door. and not to mention the practicality. The four door "coupe" would achieve more sales anyway. I wouldn't put my money on this one. Great to have options though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is a pretty amazing rendering. It looks so real. I like the two door more than the four. I find it funny how they call the CLA a four door coupe. I would love to see the AMG model of this two door version too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts