Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the same front-wheel drive architecture as its A-Class sibling, the A45 AMG uses the world’s most powerful production turbo-four cylinder engine to churn out 360 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, routed through the brand’s 4Matic all-wheel drive setup. Sprinting to 62 mph will take the little AMG just 4.6 seconds, all while achieving a projected 34 mpg – on the European test cycle – thanks to light-weight materials and technology like the car’s stop/start function. A seven-speed dual clutch transmission puts the power through to the wheels.

Is this how the 2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG will sound like...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like how quite Mercedes vehicles can be but if I get a CLA45 AMG it will need an aftermarket exhaust. Backfire on this thing sounds amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I lover the sound from the A 45 AMG hopefully that backfire will carry over to the CLA. but when ever the A 45 flys by the camera theres a high pitch whine that sounds really annoying. I hope they get rid of that sound.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I lover the sound from the A 45 AMG hopefully that backfire will carry over to the CLA. but when ever the A 45 flys by the camera theres a high pitch whine that sounds really annoying. I hope they get rid of that sound.
Sounds like a turbine from a plane, really weird sound coming from a car. If the high pitch whine sound was along the lines of a supercharger I wouldn't mind it at all.

I wonder what causes that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am liking that exhaust note. Is that high pitched sound the turbo spool? It seems like it will be generously loud with a nice backfire at liftoff and a bit of low end drone on decel.

The interior cabin noise is pretty sweet too.

That high pitched screaming sound is a little bit strange though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would be better if the tone was a bit deeper. I don't think I find it as annoying as some you guys though.
Since the A-Class and CLA are pretty much the same, can we expect the same sounds?

·
Registered
238 Posts
The noise I'm hearing could be the intake duct whistling due to air turbulence somewhere in there. Regardless, I think the exhaust note is a bit on the quieter side but really deep. This leaves an option for those who don't want a loud exhaust tone. If you want loud then later investments can be made such as an aftermarket exhaust system. I guessing we can probably expect the same sound since the chassis and length is quite similar, unless they route the pips differently that might make a difference in tone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts