Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That figure and its 331 lb-ft of torque makes the 2.0-litre turbo the most powerful production four-cylinder in the world, but it still promises 40 mpg with a light right foot. Mercedes is using all kinds of modern engine technologies in order to achieve 181 horses per liter, including spray-guided direct fuel injection, multi spark ignition, a gravity-die sandcast all-aluminium crankcase, forged steel crankshaft and pistons with friction-optimized piston rings, NANOSLIDE cylinder wall technology and air-water charge air cooling.

·
Registered
186 Posts
a 4 cylinder that puts out 331 lb-ft or torque and gets 40 MPG's is crazy!
so far mercedes is on the right path to taking over the compact luxury sedan segment, i just hope the CLA 45 AMG is priced right.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
i think so far for this 4 cylinder it has the most horsepower poer liter at the moment but that with the help of the turbo, i just wonder how much horsepower it would be without the forced induction. And he did say "light" right foot hahaha. I think the CLA 45 AMG would be on the expensive side along side with the other AMGs but its not out of reach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts