Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The CLA 45 AMG uses the world’s most powerful production turbo-four cylinder engine to churn out 360 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, routed through the brand’s 4Matic all-wheel drive setup. Sprinting to 62 mph will take the little AMG just 4.6 seconds, all while achieving a projected 34 mpg – on the European test cycle – thanks to light-weight materials and technology like the car’s stop/start function. A seven-speed dual clutch transmission puts the power through to the wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
34 mpg? This is awesome, my Evo X gives me around 14 mpg lol. I can't wait for this car to to hit the dealership floors.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wow 34MPG's! Definitely can't go wrong here, we're getting the worlds most powerful production four cylinder turbo engine that's still gets amazing gas mileage.

One thing I find happens a lot with new cars before they become available to the general public is that their fuel economy numbers are often exaggerated, so as impressive as 34mpg's sounds, I want to see a number of long-term real world fuel economy test being done, preferably by owners.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Usually with expected numbers from the manufacturer in the real world owners usually read different and slightly lower numbers. i guess there are many variables to consider especially when every bodys style of driving is different. How do manufactures measure it they should honestly stated how they get those numbers. The CLA AMG will be a great addition to high out put power cars with great fuel economy this new segment should bring up nice competition for years to come. At least for the smart ones if they see the demand.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can't wait to see real world test MPGs. I am sure highway numbers will be close.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
According to MB the CLA45 AMG will get 6.9-7.1 Liters/KM combined... and according to my calculations is around 16.6-17 mpg.
Here's the website.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I will wait for real world numbers. Like all turbocharged 4 cylinders if you stay easy on the throttle you should get good mileage. Go hard and you will be at the pump in no time.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I will wait for real world numbers. Like all turbocharged 4 cylinders if you stay easy on the throttle you should get good mileage. Go hard and you will be at the pump in no time.
Real world numbers are where it's at. Obviously the official MPG ratings are the best possible gas mileage numbers a car like this can get, I doubt they drove it one bit aggressively.

Having a combination of mixed driving, driving the CLA aggressively and then driving like a normal person I bet we can see a 35-45 percent drop in gas mileage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If I were to get the CLA 45 AMG I don't think I would care too much about gas mileage. Its a fun car really.

Yes, but nothing like efficient exhilaration. :D

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
It's too fast to drive really hard on public roads. So real world fuel economy may be surprisingly good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: I'm now guessing that the CLA 45 AMG will have an EPA highway somewhere in the mid-20's. Mercedes just posted numbers of 26/38 for the CLA 250, which has a 4.9L/100 km rating in Europe. Using the online converters, the 4.9L rating gets an estimated "48 MPG". The actual 38 MPG is about 80% of the 48MPG estimate. That same percentage applied to the estimated 34 MPG for the AMG puts the highway rating at just under 27 MPG. Not bad, but back to reality. Looking forward to the official EPA numbers as well as some real world reports after the model launches. It's still a compelling choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I won't be suprised if this car has a combine fuel rating of 23 to 25 mpg giving its 2.0 liter 4 cyl motor and being that its turbocharged that helps as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you convert the liters per kilometer, data give in the AMG color guide shown in another thread, to miles per gallon, you get 26 city, 40 highway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts