Mercedes CLA Forum banner

2014 Mercedes CLA Reviews ???

20K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  600Benz 
I drove the W246 B 250 in Victoria BC a few weeks ago. It's quick, has massive torque, the fuel economy is good, the handling is a lot better than the old B Class I drive, the interior is nice other than the hard plastic glovebox door and lower dash (old B had padded vinyl there)...the CLA interior is identical to the W246. The steering is better than the last generation A/B Class, though it's still too light. The engine is noisy when revved but you basically don't need to rev it, so huge is the torque (it peaks between 1200 and 4000 RPM).

I wonder if I will fit in the CLA - the roof looks so low, lower than a CLS (which I barely fit in the front of). The B 250 has tons of room.

The platform of the new B and A are identical, but the centre of gravity of the B is higher. So yeah, the CLA should handle better, but engine and suspension wise it's the same. The interiors are literally identical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.