Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
That car looks long. Like current E-Class long. Maybe it's the tapered buttocks. Or a long wheelbase for the Chinese market. But dang, if the new one's that long, what is the S-Class going to be like? A bendy bus?

Also, I hope there's a lot of stuff in the trunk, because there's no give in that rear wheel well, while strangely there is in the front with the big heavy engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it me, or do M-B look rather similar recently, no matter the model? Also, Lincoln with that spindly-grin grille? Love the CLA, to be sure, but on the face of it, this 2015 C Class doesn't seem to break any new visual ground...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is it me, or do M-B look rather similar recently, no matter the model? Also, Lincoln with that spindly-grin grille? Love the CLA, to be sure, but on the face of it, this 2015 C Class doesn't seem to break any new visual ground...
That grille has been on the C-Class and CL-Class for a while. The single blade has been part of the E, CLS, S-Class. And with the CLA and the new CL/S-Class coming out, that's probably enough radical designs for them for the new line. Personally I prefer the old C-Class. This one looks big and bloated. The front looks small, the rear looks tall, and the middle looks too tall.

·
Registered
118 Posts
looks like a mini e, which looks like a mini s lol

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That car looks long. Like current E-Class long. Maybe it's the tapered buttocks. Or a long wheelbase for the Chinese market. But dang, if the new one's that long, what is the S-Class going to be like? A bendy bus?

Also, I hope there's a lot of stuff in the trunk, because there's no give in that rear wheel well, while strangely there is in the front with the big heavy engine.
apparently the C class is growing in size to accommodate the CLA>

·
Registered
945 Posts
I love the new C-Class, it's nice enough to make me consider holding off on buying a CLA and settle for a new basemodel C-Class. It resembles the new S-Class a lot, which is obviously a very good thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
don't like it..as said above it doesn't really break any new visual ground. kinda glad though, 'cause I would've been mad if it looked better than the CLA ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
What can I say? It is classic like all Mercedes models but nothing special. It even looks a bit old-fashioned to me, to be honest. What are your opinions? I am from California 949 area code, and in my location, I do not see many of these. Possibly I am just not attentive enough. I prefer BMW, driving them for more than 20 years, like these cars a lot. And what do you prefer?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts