Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Consider this number for a moment: 2.4 million. There are 15 states in the union with populations smaller than that.

There have also been roughly that many W204 C-Class sedans sold in the U.S. since their 2007 introduction. That’s no small figure for a sedan that starts at almost $37,000 before all the sauerkraut and other German extras that make it so popular. Mercedes-Benz counts on the C-Class as a lynchpin in its North American sales strategy.

So it shouldn’t come as any surprise that the company has big plans for the next generation. The car wears Mercedes softened corporate style, comes with a host of new luxury features along with updated engines.

As the three-pointed star brand seeks to widen its current lead over BMW – almost entirely with its new CLA-Class – the company is also bringing a barrage of other new products to market. The 2015 C-Class is one of those and there are some big changes in store for the new version.

The wheelbase is three inches longer and 1.6 inches wider to offer more rear seat space. Mercedes hasn’t said anything about price, but given the frantic pace its CLA-Class is moving, the larger size and upmarket equipment, don’t be surprised if it turns out to be more expensive this time around. The trunk now offers 17 cubic feet of cargo space; all while cutting up to 220 lbs from the previous generation.
Read more about the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm actually astounded with how pretty the new C-class is. Making me really rethink taking the plunge on the CLA. Have they announced updated pricing? I expect they will also price in a bigger gap between CLA and C-class...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it me, or do the Mercedes-Benz models start to blur lately, and all look rather the same? Not that they are unattractive, to be sure, but I am having trouble telling them apart!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it me, or do the Mercedes-Benz models start to blur lately, and all look rather the same? Not that they are unattractive, to be sure, but I am having trouble telling them apart!
I agree with you. It seems like that the new trend is to make car's look the same - Look at the BMW 3/5/7...they all look the same as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts