Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a detailed look at the Mercedes CLA tail light.

If there were things you could change about it design or the smaller parts we see inside it, what would it be?

How would you want the tail light to function? (e.x. turn signals similar to the new ford mustang)

·
Registered
43 Posts
not a single thing i would change about the mercedes cla tail lights. ever since seeing them on the style concept coupe i was always wondering if it would make it to production and thankfully it did.

as you'll see below tail lights on the style concept coupe are very close to the production CLA...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think auto makers are dropping the idea of adding in amber in headlamp and tail lamp housing. But I've noticed that usually the higher end luxury vehicles don't have amber to begin with especially vehicles in Europe.

But my own personal opinion is that modern cars just look so much better without it. I feel that Amber in anything is just a thing of the past. Im sure you can find some who can appreciate it and will never drop it. Do you guys know if its mandatory that vehicles have to have amber by law. Red in the tail lamps just look so much better and even better when the LED is turned on.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think auto makers are dropping the idea of adding in amber in headlamp and tail lamp housing. But I've noticed that usually the higher end luxury vehicles don't have amber to begin with especially vehicles in Europe.

But my own personal opinion is that modern cars just look so much better without it. I feel that Amber in anything is just a thing of the past. Im sure you can find some who can appreciate it and will never drop it. Do you guys know if its mandatory that vehicles have to have amber by law. Red in the tail lamps just look so much better and even better when the LED is turned on.
That's what I noticed too, lack of amber in headlights and taillights. Good move IMO since without amber, the light assembly's just look so much more cleaner.

A great feature I would like to see become available from the factory is switch back LED turn signal bulbs like this...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was never a fan of amber to be used on anywhere. Maybe for older vehicles but newer modern cars doesn't need them. As long as it flashes amber that is fine. The housing on the CLA looks ten times better without it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's what I noticed too, lack of amber in headlights and taillights. Good move IMO since without amber, the light assembly's just look so much more cleaner.

A great feature I would like to see become available from the factory is switch back LED turn signal bulbs like this...

Switchback L.E.D. Turn Signal - YouTube
I think Audi already uses this feature on their vehicles. I noticed one of the head lamp turns off when the signal is on. Not a bad feature to have but what for really?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was never a fan of amber to be used on anywhere. Maybe for older vehicles but newer modern cars doesn't need them. As long as it flashes amber that is fine. The housing on the CLA looks ten times better without it.
Same here, not just in the headlight/taillight assembly's but even on side markers it looks ugly. Good example here....

And clearly the clear lens looks way better. These days amber just makes a car look old.

even worse is when car makers add a lot of amber like what the Lexus SC400 coupe had at one point...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Not a bad feature to have but what for really?
It is done so the blinking light will be more visible to other motorists as the LED DRL is so bright it washes out the blinking turn light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts