Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chose not to purchase the factory backup camera at the time of purchase (I couldn't justify the cost of both premium and multi media packages).

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket rear backup camera that works well with the small tablet screen (attached to the front dashboard)? If so, where did you purchase it, who is the manufacturer and what is the model #? Lastly, was it easy to install and pair it with the tablet? Thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Be wary that playing around with aftermarket doesn't void your warranty, especially with electronics, which are much easier to muck up. You don't want to go back to the dealer to fix your tablet and tell them "yeah I tried to install this third party hardware and software and then it got wonky."

·
Registered
945 Posts
How I see it, anything that can be easily undone is what you can do. I've seen people do a ton of mods to cars they lease, and then turn it back to stock when lease is up, it's crazy

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
When I bought my bimmer in '07, the camera was not available. A couple of years ago, I decided I wanted it. The camera kit cost about $500 from a guy in Chicago and installation about $150 locally. You will have to do your own digging in the BMW forums to find it. (It works perfectly & is integrated with the shifter.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts