Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone purchased car cover being offered by MB for the CLA250 yet? It's priced at $250 and doesn't seem to have many layers and there isn't much info available on this cover in MB accessories catalogue. I don't have a garage. I park it in the drive-way open to the elements and live on the east coast

Below is a car cover material comparison sheet (Car Cover Fabrics Comparison Chart - Covercraft) Noah Block-it material is the best. It's the same material as the cover offered by MB is made of.

Below are the alternate options I found:
  • Cover Crafts: Part# C17644NH (NH for Noah material). This is priced at $233. It's made to order only. Lead time is about 4 weeks. Covercraft Custom Covers for Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class 2014 - C17644NH
  • Carcovers.com: This is priced at $170. It doesn't mention protection from snow but the customer care personnel said that it does protect from snow. I'm concerned about the fleece leaving some hairline thin dings on the car exterior taking the paint off, and also am not positive about how good the fleece will behave when moisture forms on the inside. Although it has 7-warranty, I don't wanna purchase a poor performing product with longer warranty. Let me know if my concerns are really concerns at all.
    2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 Car Covers at CarCovers.com
Please share if there are any other better options.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a car cover from walmart for my cla. Think I paid somewhere in the 75-100 usd range. I think it does the job. I have a open garage but I keep it cover mostly so people walking by don't peep into my car. Personally I don't think you have to get a real expensive car cover. Maybe somewhere next step down or two from top of the line? Guess depends on where your car will be parked most of the time too. And if weather is a big issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well.. I'm back!!

So... after having my black CLA for about 3 months now I've learned a lot. Scratching it is easy if you don't know how to clean and take care of it. After noticing little nicks I brought it in to have it detailed. They gave me a lot of advice. I got a sealant put on and said all car covers are not created equally. That cheap walmart cover I bought probably would scratch my finish. So.. I didn't use it again. He mentioned that coverking is really good and be prepared to pay around $300 for a good one. Unfortunately, coverking does not make one for the CLA 250 yet.

I'm not sure about the ones you listed either? It's cheaper than the walmart one I bought but looks better so I don't know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts