Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've got a US Spec 250 but I need the amber tail lights. Anyone have any ideas on this? Can I simply buy new assemblies and just plug and play? I dont suspect wiring is an issue. Price? Any inputs are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
He's from the UK with a UK spec CLA.
Not sure how different their CLA's are from the american kind.
He's in the UK but some how got a US spec CLA250 with Bi-Xenon headlights and LED rear lights. There is a difference and apparently in the UK they need to have amber turn lights in the rear which the US spec CLA doesn't have as the US turn lights are red.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to bring my US Spec from Germany to the UK but in order to comply with European standards I have to have amber turn signals and a rear RED fog light. Today I picked up my new amber tail lights, except they are regular bulbs. They should be EU spec. So I lose the rear LEDs and get bulbs instead, not as cool but whatever its not forever. Haven't installed them yet, maybe I can do it myself or may have to pay to get them working. I want this done right, you wont believe some of the hack jobs that are done around here. More to come. Do you guys with in the states even have fog lights??

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
maybe find someone to trade you because I'm sure someone in the US doesnt want the amber.
I don't think there's amber in any of the US versions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea they look red but blink amber, you should just go to Mercedes in Bury or Cambridge and talk to them. Are you at Mildenhall or Lakenheath?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lakenheath! I didn't realize you were in country. Can't wait to see that 45! I got the tail lights at Bury and installed at Mildenhall Auto. I learned after the fact that they charge a lot. I can suggest some other places to go get them done. I PM'd you with details. PM me if you wanna get together and talk. I still have the invoice from Bury, don't bother with Cambridge they wont have them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's the end result. LED tail lights, the red brake lights are where the normal red turn lights would be, the new amber lights are located just below that and they even switched my fog light to the other side. It all looks real nice.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts