·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Think its worth the money? $2,800?

Red Brake Calipers
Delimitation of Top Speed
Performance Suspension

I was ready to order today but still thinking of packages.

Not sure this package is worth $2800.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well... from a lady's point of view only ... i LOVE red brake calipers. Those Golf's that I always see driving around with red calipers turn me on.

I'd think performance suspension would be pretty cool. Car would be more fun I'd think.

So that's my two miami cents...

Lisa

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well... from a lady's point of view only ... i LOVE red brake calipers. Those Golf's that I always see driving around with red calipers turn me on.

I'd think performance suspension would be pretty cool. Car would be more fun I'd think.

So that's my two miami cents...

Lisa
I'm a fan of those As well Lisa. I think it adds a bit of flair to the car and makes it look more expensive than it is.

Joe

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts

Red Brake Calipers
Performance Suspension

are the red brake calipers any larger?

or are they just red colored versions of the normal calipers?

That would help with deciding.

The top speed limit removal is useless.

Performance suspension? Do you want a firmer and sportier suspension?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Do you want a firmer and sportier suspension?
Not bloody likely; I paid too much for the fillings in my teeth. You'd have to be a real 'track rat' to want a harder than hard suspension. And if you get the 19" wheels, your dentist will really love you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The question you need to ask yourself. is it worth the $2,800 to pay for the performance suspension that will be a much stiffer ride than the stock suspension. If you answer is yes then go for it. Otherwise save the money for something else.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Red Brake Calipers
Performance Suspension

@James Mayer did you end up ordering yet, sounds like you were very close in Aug! If so, what did you get - pics please!

Joe

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think you can order the red calipers separately and for the money you save not ordering the Driver's pack you can get the AMG sport exhaust. The everyday ride may already be too brutal for the sport suspension (unless you track it often).

·
Registered
433 Posts
You can get the red calipers by themselves. I did. I don't need a car limited to a higher top speed than it already has (heck, there's no stretch of road where you can get up there anyways unless you're at an old military airfield) and it's no fun driving in a straight line. And I plan on commuting in the car as well. So I don't need to hit my head on the roof over every little pebble I drive over. AMG package not worth it. I can't imagine it worth it in any AMG to be honest, even the SLS (if it had one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts