Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Any 45s on the water?

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  booker 
#1 ·
or with real build dates?

#4 ·
On another forum I'm on, they are tracking the shipment of their car (chevy ss) by watching the boat itself leave port, then following it throughout the ocean. Very cool. :)

Happen to know which ship is hauling it over to Halifax? Are you in Canada or is that just the port of entry for your car?

Joe

#5 · (Edited)
I'm not sure how much luck people are going to have getting the CLA 45. On another CLA forum i hang out on there's word that only 350 CLA 45s are pegged for NA delivery through January '14 and something like only 200 cars will make its stateside before years end.

Even more interesting is rumors that US dealers are changing normal CLAs into CLA 45s, not sure if those were just or orders or whats going on.. The post also mentioned a shortage of engines for the CLA 45....

So those of you looking for the 45 might be waiting until Summer 2014....

@eason so today, PICSSSSS. Let us know if your CLA 45 has the door gap issue some of the first CLAs over here have had, keep us posted.

#13 ·
well exactly, how many people are going to order them, AMG releases are typically pretty tight in NA. I've heard that certain components are on back order and the Euro demand for the CLA 45 has actually created a shortage of engines. Considering AMG builds those beasts by hand there's not much they can do to ramp up output...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.